Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: zmcontrol not started, After upgrade RHEL 5 32 bit to 64

sahabcse is offline Active Member

Default zmcontrol not started, After upgrade RHEL 5 32 bit to 64

Hi team

I have installed zcs5.0.2 32 bit on RHEL 32 bit OS. Recently I bought RAM for better performance. SO I did the upgrade RHEL 5 32 bit to 64 bit. After that I am getting below error

$ zmcontrol start
    Can't load '/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/IO/IO.so' for module IO: /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/IO/IO.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 at /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/XSLoader.pm line 70.
    at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi/IO.pm line 11
    Compilation failed in require at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi/IO/Handle.pm line 263.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi/IO/Handle.pm line 263.
    Compilation failed in require at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi/IO/Seekable.pm line 101.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi/IO/Seekable.pm line 101.
    Compilation failed in require at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/File/Temp.pm line 147.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/File/Temp.pm line 147.
    Compilation failed in require at /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcontrol line 31.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcontrol line 31.

Please help me regarding this issue.

Thanks and Regards
    Sahab
    Ubuntu Free Guide and Documentation
    Ubuntu Guide
    Release 5.0.2_GA_1975.RHEL5_20080130221917 RHEL5 FOSS edition

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Please update your forum profile with the output of the following command (do not post the output in this thread):

Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    Quote Originally Posted by sahabcse View Post
    I have installed zcs5.0.2 32 bit on RHEL 32 bit OS. Recently I bought RAM for better performance. SO I did the upgrade RHEL 5 32 bit to 64 bit. After that I am getting below error
    I hope that you took a backup before you did this and that you actually mean you did a migration to a new 64bit server. How, exactly, did you do this upgrade and what were the steps you took?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I have booted from RHEL 5.4 64 bit CD and select upgrade option. After completion of entire step. The OS booted to the 64 bit kernel. All of my service working fine i.e, httpd,mysql except zimbra.

I have took the backup of /opt/zimbra folder.

Thanks for your fast response.

Thanks and Regards
    Sahab

Please update your forum profile with the details I've asked you for.

I have booted from RHEL 5.4 64 bit CD and select upgrade option. After completion of entire step.
    That was not a good idea and not the correct method for migrating to a 64bit operating system, you should have followed the migration instructions: site:zimbra.com +32bit +64bit - Yahoo! Search Results

The OS booted to the 64 bit kernel. All of my service working fine i.e, httpd,mysql....
    That's irrelevant to Zimbra.

I have took the backup of /opt/zimbra folder.
    You may need to restore that to a 32bit server.
    Regards

Bill

Dear phoenix

Finally I have did the upgrade using below wiki url.

Network Edition: Moving from 32-bit to 64-bit Server - Zimbra :: Wiki

Every thing goes fine. But I am getting error on
    zmcontrol start

Presently the error is imap proxy is not running ie. imapproxy password is required

I have checked both version zcs 5.0 and zcs 6.0. The webserver nginx not present in 5.0 also ldap_nginx_password entry not in /opt/zimbra/conf/localconfig.xml.

Please advice.

Thanks and Regards
    Sahab

If this is a single server (and I'm assuming it is) you should not have the proxy installed or enabled. Run the following commands to check if the proxy is installed/running and then disable it:

Code:
    zmproxyctl status
    zmprov gs `zmhostname` | grep zimbraServiceEnabled
    zmprov gs `zmhostname` | grep zimbraServiceInstalled
    If it's in, then run this:

Code:
    zmproxyctl stop
    zmprov ms `zmhostname` -zimbraServiceEnabled imapproxy
    zmprov ms `zmhostname` -zimbraServiceEnabled memcached
    zmcontrol stop
    zmcontrol start
    To reset the ports run the following (on one line):

Code:
    zmprov -l ms `zmhostname` zimbraPop3BindPort 110 zimbraPop3SSLBindPort 995 zimbraPop3ProxyBindPort 7110 zimbraPop3SSLProxyBindPort 7995 zimbraImapBindPort 143 zimbraImapSSLBindPort 993 zimbraImapProxyBindPort 7143 zimbraImapSSLProxyBindPort 7993
    Regards

Bill

I am getting below error, the commmand you have given

[zimbra@root]$ zmproxyctl status
    zmnginxctl is not running
    [zimbra@l root]$ zmprov gs `zmhostname` | grep zimbraServiceEnabled
    [] INFO: I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused
    [] INFO: Retrying request
    ERROR: zclient.IO_ERROR (invoke Connection refused, server: localhost) (cause: java.net.ConnectException Connection refused)
    [zimbra@root]$ zmprov gs `zmhostname` | grep zimbraServiceInstalled
    [] INFO: I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused
    ERROR: zclient.IO_ERROR (invoke Connection refused, server: localhost) (cause: java.net.ConnectException Connection refused)
    [zimbra@root]$ zmproxyctl stop
    Stopping nginx...nginx is not running.
    [zimbra@ root]$ zmprov ms `zmhostname` -zimbraServiceEnabled imapproxy
    [zimbra@xxx root]$ zmprov ms `zmhostname` -zimbraServiceEnabled memcached
    [zimbra@xxxl root]$

I am getting below error, the commmand you have given
    I assume you followed this guide: Network Edition: Moving from 32-bit to 64-bit Server - Zimbra :: Wiki? If you did follow that did you follow the instructions exactly? Especially the instructions in the "Preparing the 64-bit Server" section quoted below:

b. Follow the directions in the ZCS single server installation guide to install ZCS. Make sure that you configure the same domain, hostname, passwords as on the old server. During ZCS install, the following settings must be changed to match the original server settings:

* Zimbra LDAP Server - For Domain to create - identify the same default domain as on the original server.
    * Zimbra Mailbox Server - An administrator's account is automatically created.

* Make sure that the account name for Admin user to create is the same name as on the original server.
    * Set the admin password.
    * Change the Spam training user and the Non-spam (HAM) training user account names to be the same as the spam account names on the original server.
    * Global Document Account - This account name is automatically generated. Change the Global Document Account name to be the same account name as on the original server.

* Change any other settings on the new server to match the configuration on the original server.
    ... and having done that, is your DNS & hosts file & servername etc. exactly the same as the old server?
    Regards

Bill

I think I have missed this step only also I can't able to find the file ZCSLicense.xml. Its not located in my server /opt/zimbra/conf folder.

a. Copy your ZCSLicense.xml file to a directory on the new server. You will not be able to complete the ZCS installation if the license is not on the new server

Also I have skipped the step 4 also (If the original server was running with commercial certificates, copy those over as well )

I think I have missed this step only also I can't able to find the file ZCSLicense.xml. Its not located in my server /opt/zimbra/conf folder.

a. Copy your ZCSLicense.xml file to a directory on the new server. You will not be able to complete the ZCS installation if the license is not on the new server
    That is only for the Network Edition of Zimbra, I mentioned that you can ignore those NE parts in that article if you don't have NE, do you?

Please update your forum profile with the output of the following command (do not post the output in this thread):

Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    Also I have skipped the step 4 also (If the original server was running with commercial certificates, copy those over as well )
    That's fine if you didn't have commercial certificates.
    Regards

Bill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information