Thread: Migrating with Imapsync

BCamp is offline Active Member

Default Migrating with Imapsync

I'm having a little bit of trouble getting imapsync to behave.

Background: Migrating from Groupwise version 8 to Zimbra 6.0.5 running Ubuntu 8.04 server edition. I'm using Imapsync version 1.286.

Problem: We don't keep plaintext copies of our users' passwords anywhere, so I have to do this migration authenticated as an admin authorised to work on the user's behalf. Here's my script I'm using:

Code:
        --syncinternaldates --subscribed --host1 groupwise.server --user1 user@groupwise --authuser1 admin@groupwise --password1 admin.password --authmech1 PLAIN --sep1 / --nosyncacls --prefix1 "" --skipheader '^Content-Type' \
        --host2 zimbra.server --user2 user@zimbra --authuser2 admin@zimbra --password2 admin.password --authmech2 PLAIN --ssl2
    When I run the script as is, it looks like it works fine. When I logged in to check it out, I realised what happened is it took the mail out of ADMIN@groupwise to put into USER@zimbra. Does anybody have any idea what I need to do to make it sync USER@groupwise to USER@zimbra, while still allowing me to authenticate only with the admin password that I have access to?

Matuscak is offline Trained Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by BCamp View Post
    When I run the script as is, it looks like it works fine. When I logged in to check it out, I realised what happened is it took the mail out of ADMIN@groupwise to put into USER@zimbra.
    I don't know much of anything about groupwise, but your imapsync command looks correct from the Zimbra side. I'd suggest you look at the groupwise world to make sure that its master user access is set up right.

Thread Information