I am preparing a migration from Cyrus to Zimbra using imapsync. I have run into an issue regarding folder structure.

In Cyrus, the folder structure was as follows:

Inbox (with all the incoming mail)
+Drafts
+Sent
+Junk
+Trash

When I use imapsync on this structure, I get the following in Zimbra

Inbox (with all the incoming mail)
Drafts
Sent
Junk
Trash

(i.e. all folders are on the same level, in contrast to Cyrus, where Drafts, Sent, Junk, Trash are in the Inbox folder, together with the incoming mails)

I can, in part, circumvent this by using the switch --prefix2 INBOX/ in imapsync. However, the result still is not perfect:

Inbox (with new incoming mail)
+Inbox (with the mail that cam in to Cyrus)
+Drafts
+Sent
+Junk
+Trash
Drafts
Sent
Junk
Trash

It appears that Zimbra insists on having the Inbox, Drafts, Sent and Junk folder (as well as Chat and others) on the same hierarchical level, while other imap servers I know tend to place the Drafts, Sent, Junk and Trash folders within the Inbox folder. I see that, from a logical point of view, Zimbra's approach makes definitely more sense, but I am sure that the change would make some of our users unhappy because they have to get used to something new and users never like that.

So I wonder how others have dealt with this problem. Is it possible to retain the structure of the Cyrus inbox when importing with imapsync and to teach Zimbra that Drafts, Sent and Junk should be placed within the Inbox folder?

And, did anyone else run into this problem and, if yes, how did you solve it and what were your experiences?

Thanks for any reply in advance

Kurt