Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: SmarterMail 6.0 to Zimbra

  1. #1
    ValueVPS is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    5

    Default SmarterMail 6.0 to Zimbra

    Hi, can anyone give me advise on how to do a migration from SmarterMail Enterprise 6.1 to ZCS or point me at some documentation please?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    uxbod's Avatar
    uxbod is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,017
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Looking at their documentation it would appear they support IMAP so why not just use ImapSync ?

  3. #3
    rhorist is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ValueVPS View Post
    Hi, can anyone give me advise on how to do a migration from SmarterMail Enterprise 6.1 to ZCS or point me at some documentation please?

    Thanks.
    Where you able to do this? If so, would you mind telling me what you did to accomplish this?

  4. #4
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,491
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorist View Post
    Where you able to do this? If so, would you mind telling me what you did to accomplish this?
    As mentioned in the post above yours, use IMAPSYNC - there are many threads in the forums on how to migrate from other systems to Zimbra if you search.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  5. #5
    caydenliew is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    As mentioned in the post above yours, use IMAPSYNC - there are many threads in the forums on how to migrate from other systems to Zimbra if you search.
    Hi, my company is planning to migrate from SmarterMail to Zimbra.
    As i know imap migration doesn't migrate contacts, calendar. Is there any other way to migrate from Smartermail to Zimbra?
    thanks.

  6. #6
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,491
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caydenliew View Post
    As i know imap migration doesn't migrate contacts, calendar. Is there any other way to migrate from Smartermail to Zimbra?
    That would depend on how (or whether) you can export the required data from your old mail server, there's a wiki articles (and various forum threads) covering migration and how you can move contacts and calendars - have a read of those first.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Zimbra spam system
    By rajahd in forum Administrators
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 07:25 PM
  2. Major Issue - 5.0RC2 NE to 5.0GA NE failed
    By DougWare in forum Installation
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 09:56 PM
  3. Can't start Zimbra!
    By zibra in forum Administrators
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 11:34 AM
  4. zmtlsctl give LDAP error
    By sourcehound in forum Administrators
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-11-2007, 03:48 PM
  5. Fedora Core 3, Clean Install - Not working!
    By pcjackson in forum Installation
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 07:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •