OK, these are the basic steps. To migrate mail, contacts and calendar, you need a few things: the 'Microsoft Office Outlook Connector', Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Sunbird, and all (Office Live) UN/PW pairs for all users participating in the migration.
The last part is the most painful. I haven't cancelled the Office Live account, and transitioned the domain yet. I'll be posting those notes for the benefit of others, after I get the scar tissue.
01) Install the Microsoft Office Outlook Connector.
02) Setup the connection to your Office Live account (MAPI)
a) When adding a new account in the Outlook wizard select Server type: Additional Server Type.
b) Here you will select the only option: Microsoft Office Outlook Connector
c) Enter your Office Live credentials.
d) Now Outlook is connected to the Office Live account but no information is retained in a PST file.
To verify, click the File Menu > Data File Management. Under the Filename column header it will say: Not available.
e) Setup a connection to your Zimbra server now.
03) Drag-and-drop mail from Office Live Inbox to Zimbra Inbox
Sub/additional folders are displayed as well. The folders themselves can be drug to the Zimbra connection.
04) Export .cvs Contacts file directly in Outlook
05) Import into Zimbra via the Preferences > Import/Export tab
06) Export .cvs Calendar file (Outlook supports more than .cvs but not .ical)
07) Import .cvs Calendar into Sunbird
08) Export .ical Calendar file
09) Import .ical file into Zimbra
10) A little clean-up work and you're done.
I've submitted an enhancement request to get a migration tool (like the PST Importer) in the works to cut down on migration time. Vote for it if you need it.
Thanks in advance,
Don't forget to Vote for this RFE:
RFE: A place To Display the contents of 'My Documents'
Reasoning: It's new, bold, and cool.