Thread: [SOLVED] imapsync and changes to the mailbox

ple
    ple is offline Loyal Member

Angry [SOLVED] imapsync and changes to the mailbox

Hi,
    Due to a large number of mailboxes; we are moving ahead to migrate mailboxes several weeks in advance before the cutoff date; we will then re-run imapsync to migrate all mailboxes on the cutoff date to make sure we can complete in several days.
    This is my dilemma. For example, on April 25, I ran imapsync migrate John Smith mailbox. There were 10 messages in his Inbox, everything worked like charm. On May 1st which is the cutoff date, I re-run imapsync... not only it copies over the changes but it still keeps the first 10 messages even though the John has already deleted or moved the first 10 messages to a different location.
    Is there a way you can tell imapsync to sync up with changes in the source server to the destination server?
    Thanks in advance,
    PL

fcash is offline Elite Member

Read the man page for imapsysnc. There are many different options that can be used for doing a two-stage sync like this. I don't know the options by heart, but there's something in there about a "date of last update" which is what you want to use.

Run imapsync, make note of date.

Run imapsync, tell it to make changes from previous date onward.
    Freddie

ple
    ple is offline Loyal Member

Default Update - found a solution

Thanks for responding. I found a solution from another post using --expunge2 --delete2. This solved my problem.
    PL

Thread Information