Thread: Migrating 4.5.10 (FC5) to 5.0.14 (Cent OS 5.2)

peterro is offline Intermediate Member

Default Migrating 4.5.10 (FC5) to 5.0.14 (Cent OS 5.2)

I am attempting to move and migrate at the same time. If this is not the best option I can definitely just move to a new server. I am currently running Zimbra Open 4.5.10 on FC5 and would like to move to Cent OS 5.2. I will worry about upgrading to the latest release later, but I have not had great luck following the below instructions.

Moving ZCS to Another Server » Zimbra :: Blog

When I follow this procedure the installation breaks at installing the core rpm. Is this a result of upgrading the OS? I have other people have gone down this upgrade path, but I am not having success.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? I have done an upgrade from 4.5.4 to 4.5.10 on the same machine and it was flawless.

Thanks.

uxbod is offline Moderator

Which version of ZCS did you install on the new server ?

I installed the same version of zimbra that is on the old server zcs-4.5.10_GA_1575.FC5

As you are using CentOS 5 then you would need to install Zimbra Community Edition Downloads :: 4.5.10 RHEL5 on the new server.

If I install that build how can I go about moving the data from the old server? Thanks for you help in advance.

IMHO you would be better upgrading you current server to 5.0.15 and then you have a easier migration path eg. ZCS-to-ZCS Migrations » Zimbra :: Blog.

mmorse is offline Moderator

"the installation breaks at installing the core rpm"
    To us it sounds like your attempting to install FC7 binaries on CentOS (which you'll need the RHEL binaries for).

All that matters is the same zcs version # not the same operating system for the -s trick.
    Notice the ./install -s in step 3, then you clear /opt/zimbra and copy over your good /opt/zimbra, lastly run the installer again without -s argument.

However you can upgrade your 4.5.10 > 4.5.11 > 5.0.14 before the move if you want (as there are FC7 binaries for all of those versions). Take backups.

Do you know of a way to just get the email store and database moved. I don't want to move the configuration files over as I have modified them to allow me to host a separate apache and mysql server on the same machine. It's been so long that I don't even remember all of the steps I took.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by peterro View Post
    Do you know of a way to just get the email store and database moved. I don't want to move the configuration files over as I have modified them to allow me to host a separate apache and mysql server on the same machine. It's been so long that I don't even remember all of the steps I took.
    It's not advisable use Zimbra to host a web site, I guess you won't be doing that on the new server?

User Migration - Zimbra :: Wiki
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information