I was hoping I could get some advice for our Exchange 2000->ZCS Network Edition migration. I am still a bit stuck on how to get mail to flow from Exchange to Zimbra. I have no issues sending mail from Zimbra to Exchange and from Zimbra to internet (tested with Gmail). Here are my specs:

Exchange 2000 with AD 2000
- All authentication for ZCS users is through AD as well as GAL
- Exchange Interop ‘check settings’ test works
- I have two email domains I receive email for all users on: domain1.com and domain2.com
- I have tried putting in the domain alias into ZCS with these commands:
zmprov -l cd migrate.domain1.com zimbraDomainType alias
zmprov -l cd domain2.com zimbraDomainType alias zimbraMailCatchAllAddress @domain2.com zimbraMAilCatchAllForwardingAddress @domain1.com
zmprov -l cd migrate.domain1.com zimbraDomainType alias
- I tried setting up a recipient policy in Exchange Mgr, SMTP connector and adding contacts and mail enabled users (tried both) w/out exchange mailboxes(should these just be users enabled with an email address since I am using AD auth?) then restarted exchange routing and smtp services
DNS lookups are disabled in ZCS
- Default domain in ZCS is domain1.com
- AD domain is internaldomain.com
- Relay MTA is set to exchange 2000 server
- ZCS is allowed to relay by its IP in exchange 2000
- IMAP and POP is disabled in ZCS
- Inbound SMTP host name is set to spam appliance DMZ IP address

I get this message when I send to a recipient setup in AD that is email enabled and has an account in ZCS:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: FW: test inbound to zcs from exch2000
Sent: 3/19/2009 3:55 PM
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
zcs8@domain1.com on 3/19/2009 3:55 PM
The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.

<exchange2000.internaldomain.com #5.1.1>

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!