Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two servers and one Database, messages

snake_eyes is offline Advanced Member

Exclamation Two servers and one Database, messages

Hello,

In order to improve zimbra stability and to avoid server interruption, disaster etc.., I wanna ask if we can move the MySQL Database and messages folder to separate server with the messages folders, and mount the messages to another tow servers primary and secondary.

So let's say we have X, Y and Z; X and Y are online as MX records with the priority 10 and 20 and both servers are pointed to the Z server which is contain the MySQL database plus the messages.

Is possible to do it or there are another ideas?

Your suggestion please...

Cheers,

uxbod is offline Moderator

I do not believe so ... Why not just stand up a normal secondary MX or even use a external service like DynDNS :: Backup MX ?

The main purpose of this is to avoid loosing latest and up to date data, I know that I can update my backup script although the current configuration is each 06:00 PM, in this case and for some unexpected reason we stumbled with operating system failure automatically will change to the secondary server, another purpose is to decrease the traffic of the X server.

Cheers,

You would really need then to look at block level replication on SAN/iSCSI, and setup a cluster.

Okay,I have another issue I don't know if I suppose to submit a new thread or you can answer to me here, my question is: Is it possible to install apache, mysql and zimbra at the same time? I know that I can install apache and zimbra by following those links: Zimbra with Apache using mod jk - mod proxy - mod proxy ajp - Zimbra :: Wiki and ZimbraApache - Zimbra :: Wiki even this Open Source Mobile Push Mail - Zimbra :: Wiki but I don't know abou the mysql assuming I wanna run the website and zimbra at the same time because I have one real IP only (Public IP Address).

Cheers,

Any updates gentleman?

Mccreations is offline Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by snake_eyes View Post
    Okay,I have another issue I don't know if I suppose to submit a new thread or you can answer to me here, my question is: Is it possible to install apache, mysql and zimbra at the same time? I know that I can install apache and zimbra by following those links: Zimbra with Apache using mod jk - mod proxy - mod proxy ajp - Zimbra :: Wiki and ZimbraApache - Zimbra :: Wiki even this Open Source Mobile Push Mail - Zimbra :: Wiki but I don't know abou the mysql assuming I wanna run the website and zimbra at the same time because I have one real IP only (Public IP Address).

Cheers,
    Not to barge into the thread but yes it's possible to run another installation of mySQL at the same time as zimbra. I do without any problems, it doesn't even know the other is there.

I would appreciate if you can advice me by providing the proper way to tun anther installation of apache and mysql, because I Installed it but when try to browse any file it ask me to download it instead of view the result.

I don't thing that the problem with my installation because I had a website already online though apache and mysql.

Cheers,

Remember MySQL would need to be on another port though. It is recommended though that other websites are not hosted on the same server as ZCS. Why not make ZCS only use HTTPS (443) so another Apache instance can run on HTTP (80) ?

Great, This is another thought, In Zimbra wiki they mentioned how to run another apache instance at the same zimbra server and they noticed how to change the port, what about mysql? how do I change the default port of mysq?

Cheers,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information