Thread: [SOLVED] Are there any differences between a pst import and using exchange migration

gallimore is offline Active Member

Default [SOLVED] Are there any differences between a pst import and using exchange migration

Hi

I am trying to migrate from exchange but the wizard is refusing to process two of my mailboxes. It has been suggested that I export these mailboxes as pst files and then import them into zimbra.

My question is, is there any differences between the two methods? Is there anything I am likely to leave behind if I use the pst import method rather than the exchange wizard?

Thanks
    Paul

Amitabh Verma is offline Zimbra Employee

The pst wizard migrate data from outlook created psts. It is intended to migrate the data of non-Exchange users from their local machines. You may import exchange user's data into psts and use pst migration wizard also. It can be helpful in cases where you are facing some problems with exchange migration wizard i.e. login problems with AD. If you are importing the exchange mailbox in pst, be confirmed that you have sender/recipient information also available as you may loose the addresses in case if they dont resolve properly.
    It is recommended to use Exchange migration wizard with Exchange server unless you have compelling reason to migrate mailbox to psts and use pst migration wizard.

gallimore is offline Active Member

Thanks for the clarification. I will persist with troubleshooting the reasons why the exchange wizard doesn't work on the two mailboxes.

Paul

Thread Information