Thread: Zimbra upgrade

k_k
    k_k is offline Active Member

Default Zimbra upgrade

Hi,

We are using ZCS 4.5.10 version on RHEL5 - 64 bit in production environment and one domain is working fine. SMTP relay has been configured on different server.

First time i am going to work on zimbra. I found that we are using very old version and latest version is zcs 5.
    Can you please tell me what are the additional features it has than the old one ?

I searched on net and found that to upgrade this version, I have to only select upgrade ..that's it and it will automatically upgrade .

Is this that easy ? How much downtime it will required ? Is there any possibility to loose data, contacts ? what steps client need to do at there end after upgrade?

Thanks,

Kanchi

uxbod is offline Moderator

First thing take a backup! In fact take a couple of backups The time to upgrade will very much be dependant on how many mailboxes you have and how much data. Is this a single or multi server install ? If multi then I would recommend upgrading to 4.5.11 first and then too 5.0.11. If single, then you can just run the install script for 5.0.11 and all should be good. With respect to new features then there are lots

k_k

Thanks for the reply.

we have around 200 accounts. And as I have mentioned in production environemnt we have 2 servers where zimbra has been installed. One of it has been used for SMTP relay. so pls suggest.

We have one test enviornment so I can test upgrade on that.

And one more question. how many domain we can configure in zimbra ? as in near future we have to configure multiple domain in one server to support different client.

Thanks

uxbod is offline Moderator

I believe you shall need to upgrade to 4.5.11 first, and then upto 5.0.11. With respect to domains you can run thousands, but remember to check your system resources aswell.

k_k

Thanks for quick response. i will upgrade in test environment and will update here.

Thread Information