Thread: PHPGroupWare --> Zimbra

quietas is offline Elite Member

Default PHPGroupWare --> Zimbra

Has anyone out there had any experience with PHPGroupWare?

I am dumping the old server and need calendars/tasks/personal addresses moved. Users were created via script and are done. Mail will is being copied and will eventually finish bit imapsync.

The other option is finding a way to pull it out and dumping it all into a readable format for Zimbra to import. I have access to the tables via the MySQL ODBC link and MS Access. I can see the tables, if I knew the format I could pull it out user by user eventually.
    Culley
    Mail | Dell 2950III | 2x Quad Core 5420 | 8gb RAM | 6x 146gb SAS RAID 0+1 | Red Hat 5.3 | Zimbra 6.0.10 Network Edition
    Test | VMware ESXi Whitebox | Phenom II Black 3.2ghz | 12gb RAM | 6x 1tb SATA RAID 0+1 | CentOS 5.4 | FOSS, Not in use now

bdial is offline Moderator

I've never used phpgroupware but I've used egrouwpare which i think was a fork of the code. egroupware supported exporting the calendar to ics format so you might want to see if you can do this in phpgrouwpare and zimbra can import them.

as for contacts, if you have database table access you could probably create csv files from the contacts. Take a look at the page in the wiki Import and Export of Contacts - Zimbra :: Wiki which discusses the format for csv files from other programs

quietas is offline Elite Member

Unfortunately import/export was something that was never put in the main branch of PHPGW. There were lots of patches over the years, but nothing made it into the main code. Mostly due to the developers stopping work years ago, but also because most of the patches were flawed from what I read.

I'll hve to see what format can be used, I can probably get the whole database into MS Access and then manipulate it via queries so as to then export to csv for Zimbra to import.
    Culley
    Mail | Dell 2950III | 2x Quad Core 5420 | 8gb RAM | 6x 146gb SAS RAID 0+1 | Red Hat 5.3 | Zimbra 6.0.10 Network Edition
    Test | VMware ESXi Whitebox | Phenom II Black 3.2ghz | 12gb RAM | 6x 1tb SATA RAID 0+1 | CentOS 5.4 | FOSS, Not in use now

Thread Information