Thread: Migration from cyrus: Mailing to a subfolder

mfvm is offline Active Member

Default Migration from cyrus: Mailing to a subfolder

Using cyrus imapd it is possible to send mail directly to a subfolder via LMTP using the user+subfolder@server syntax. It is even possible to mail to shared folders via bboard+shared_folder.subfolder@server.
    Is it possible to do the same with zimbra? If it is, how do I do it? If it's not possible what's the preferred way?

dkarp is offline Zimbra Employee

No, Zimbra doesn't do that. See the discussion on Bug 9662 - Implicit folder delivery via LMTP plus address. We suggest you use filters instead.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

mlcnm is offline Junior Member

We need the same thing. In the bug 9662 discussion (back in 2006!) it was mentioned, that several large scale users need this feature, so why hasn't it been implemented yet? Also, I cannot find any documentation if the IMAP POSTADDRESS extension mentioned there is implemented.

Actually, there is just one use case for us: We don't use postfix but exim to deliver to Zimbra via LMTP. Exim is doing the blacklist stuff, redirects, autoresponders, spamfilter etc. and exim is the part of the process, which has to make a decision wether to deliver to the mailbox INBOX or the Junk-subfolder. So when it is not possible to define the subfolder through LMTP, then I don't see a way to tell it otherwise. We are also writing a certain header to each email, but then we would have to be able to create a server wide filter rule that cannot be changed by any user. How can we do this?

mfvm is offline Active Member

I know that this is a rather old thread, but if there was a solution I missed it. My Problem with filters is the 'Bcc' case – AFAIK zimbra does not allow 'envelope' tests – and this would be the only way to hit mails which are sent to a user via Bcc. Any suggestions?

Thread Information