Thread: imapsync and nginx

Rambo is offline Junior Member

Default imapsync and nginx

I was wondering if anybody has had any problems with imapsync being unreliable under 5.0.5 when using nginx?

Under 5.0.2, we weren't having any problems with it, but after upgrading 5.0.5, imapsync would randomly timeout when accessing the zimbra server (on the " $to->append_string" or "$to->append_file" line, depending on what version of imapsync being used). I tried messing with buffersize and such, but it didn't help. After changing the port to 7143 (to bypass the proxy), imapsync has been super.

I also noticed that nginx isn't advertising as many imap capabilities. I know at least NAMEPSACES was available before (as I had to modify my imapsync command after the upgrade because of the sudden lack of it).

This is currently what's in /opt/zimbra/conf/nginx.conf:

imap_capabilities "IMAP4rev1" "ID" "LITERAL+" "SASL-IR";

Is it a change in capabilities causing these timeouts? Has anybody else had problems with this? And why were capabilities changed? Or am I just crazy?

Thanks.

uxbod is offline Moderator

wfweaver is offline Trained Alumni

This sounds EXACTLY like what I'm hitting right now! Is there any workaround? I've got a migration that HAS to be completed today!

mfvm is offline Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    I don't think so, as I've hit this behaviour in version 5.0.6. Bug 27113 says "I set timeout to be 3600s in 5.0.5 as a temporary fix."

Thread Information