Thread: Open support case

jimbo762 is offline Starter Member

Default Open support case

Having finally talked my company into purchasing the ne version of zimbra, i must admit that so far i am not enthusiastic about the purchase. Is the average time for any form of response on an open case over 28 hours?
    I'm only posting this in the forum because i know that one of the zimbra employee's will read it. We have a nice fresh install of ne on a very nice brand new server, just sitting there in the rack feeling left out because all the network traffic seems to be ignoring it
    Support Case 00022962

uxbod is offline Moderator

Welcome to the forums

Sorry you have not had a response Have you phoned them at all ? I presume you just opened a case via the support portal ?

What is your problem and maybe we can help here ?

jimbo762 is offline Starter Member

Yea, i tried the phone. If i describe my opinion of that experience here, i'm sure i will be banned .

Being a linux admin and open source purist, using forums, wikis, and google, as well as good old trial and error to solve any problems i come across is what i do but after paying for a product, i have a certain expectation level of support assistance. Isnt that what i am paying for?
    I have searched and read, tried and failed, and searched and read some more but all to no avail.
    What i am asking for in my support case is some help/guidance in migrating users and domains from foss zimbra on osx 10.4 to ne version of zimbra on rhel5 64-bit. These 2 boxes have different host names and ip's.
    I would certainly be grateful for any help or insight someone here may be able to offer. Then i can close the open case and save it for something that isnt as time sensitive.

uxbod is offline Moderator

Sorry again A Zimbra employee has been notified of this and your case is being looked at. From what I understand it should be relatively simple to resolve. I am sure you will be up and running soon.

***NOTE***: I am not affiliated to Zimbra, and have no commercial interest, I just love the product that is why I moderate.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I see that you've had a response to your case but just for the record the Support Packages and Response Times are detailed on this page: http://www.zimbra.com/support/support_overview.html
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

mmorse is offline Moderator

More was explained in the support case; but relevant docs for those coming by later:
    /blog/archives/2007/10/moving_zcs_to_another_server.html
    (Key there is using the same zcs version number when you're switching platforms, the .install.sh -s in step 3 is what makes it work, keeping GID & UID's the same is also healthy.)
    Network Edition: Moving from 32-bit to 64-bit Server - Zimbra :: Wiki
    /blog/archives/2007/05/exporting_and_importing_zimbra_ldap_data_1.html
    Moving ZCS to New Server - Zimbra :: Wiki
    Network Edition Moving from Open Source to Network Edition ZCS - Zimbra :: Wiki
    (Though if you're doing it on the same box your running at present you can basically just run the installer to go from FOSS>NE)

Thread Information