Thread: Outlook Contacts & GAL missing after upgrading NE 4.5.9 to 5.0.4

eas
    eas is offline Member

Default Outlook Contacts & GAL missing after upgrading NE 4.5.9 to 5.0.4

Hi,

I upgraded the mail server a few days ago and put 5.0.4 NE. It was smooth but I noticed that the GAL was missing on newly installed accounts in Outlook. Here are a few notes:

1) Existing accounts still had the GAL
    2) I upgraded the outlook connector to 5.0.3 but made no difference for the GAL
    3) If I open the Account settings and then check the Address Book tab, there is nothing in there. Normally it would say Zimbra GAL or something.

I've uninstalled and installed the connector. I have also removed and added accounts (even brand new test accounts) but the GAL is gone Is there a solution for this yet?

alee is offline Former Zimbran

Quote Originally Posted by eas View Post
    Hi,

I upgraded the mail server a few days ago and put 5.0.4 NE. It was smooth but I noticed that the GAL was missing on newly installed accounts in Outlook. Here are a few notes:

1) Existing accounts still had the GAL
    2) I upgraded the outlook connector to 5.0.3 but made no difference for the GAL
    3) If I open the Account settings and then check the Address Book tab, there is nothing in there. Normally it would say Zimbra GAL or something.

I've uninstalled and installed the connector. I have also removed and added accounts (even brand new test accounts) but the GAL is gone Is there a solution for this yet?
    Can you enable logging (http logging enabled too) and file a ticket with support?

Outlook Troubleshooting Options - Zimbra :: Wiki

Are those users able to see the GAL in the web client?
    I'm assuming other things are syncing for those users? mail, calendar, personal contacts...

eas
    eas is offline Member

I enabled Logging for ZCOLogCtl but the log is not being created. So should I still create a support ticket?

When I log in through the web interface for those users, I can see the Global Address List when I compose a new email and I click on the To button. BUT, if I click on the Address Book tab on the web interface, there are no contacts?

This seems to happen to new windows profiles that didn't have a zimbra profile on it before. Even if the email user has been on the server for a long time, they will lose their GAL if for example they are set up on a new computer. The emailed contacts seems to be on the address book though.

So:
    1) Contacts are missing
    2) Emailed contacts are all there which is good
    3) GAL is missing

I think previously the GAL and Contacts were one but now is it seperate? I can't seem to add it on Outlook either.

Thread Information