Thread: Migration Wizard: long time, huge files, nothing finishes???

gilly05 is offline Intermediate Member

Default Migration Wizard: long time, huge files, nothing finishes???

Ok, I have setup a zimbra box that successfully auths to AD. I have run the exchange migration wizard and selected all the users to migrate. It then successfully provisions all of the accounts in zimbra. However, the system just sits there for hours and hours trying to migrate a single user and the files in the temp directory get HUGE (about 6 GB for a mailbox that is only 3 GB).

I am also getting the error about not being able to import the calendar stuff. That is something I'd like to get fixed, but it's not critical.

I have successfully imported a couple of accounts using ExMerge, but it's not as good as the Zimbra tool would be, since it doesn't allow me to sort the messages my conversations, etc.

Any ideas???

Thanks!

mmorse is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    You'll need to get a core dump of the process image when it appears hung and file a support case.

Follow the directions in this wiki article, except don't connect to outlook.exe, connect to the migration wizard process:
    Creating a Core Dump from a Running Process using WinDbg - Zimbra :: Wiki
    Of course, us know if you aren't NE.

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I should be more clear, just to make sure we're on the same page. The system or process doesn't appear to be hung, as the temp files keep growing (or maybe I am wrong and it is hung...). I have left the process going for hours and then I just ended the process, with a huge temp file being left in the wake.

I will take a look at debugging the process.

Thanks, again!

While I am working on using the zimbra exchange migration wizard, I tried to import my pst file and I got a good way through, but then hit some errors. It looks similar to what happened in this thread:

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/migration/7082-pst-importing-issue.html

But, I cannot seem to figure out how to install the libraries. I know... stupid, right? Anyhow, any help on this would be helpful. I am not sure if missing these libs would cause the problems with the zimbra exchange migration wizard, too. But, I need to find some way to migrate from Exchange. Clearly this stuff works... so many others have done it successfully. So, I need to find out how to replicate that!

Thanks again for the help.

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

If you retry the import from where it left off, does it run to completion?
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

The only times I have retried, I have also deleted the temp files, as I didn't want them to grow exponentially. I am going to try again this afternoon and into the weekend.

I am also thinking that I will try the network version, as we are now leaning toward going that route. If I run into trouble, I will try contacting support and then posting any results.

Thanks!

Thread Information