Thread: CSV files and scripting...

thunder04 is offline Special Member

Default CSV files and scripting...

Hi All,

Please forgive me if this has already been discussed and feel free to redirect me to an existing thread!

I absolutley LOVE Zimbra. I work for the Menlo Park City School District and am really pushing Zimbra for our district. We currently use a plain ol' OS X Server to do mail (and it's been having MAJOR problems this past week...IMAP database corruption to be the latest fiasco).

Anyway, I'm setting up Zimbra and our OS X mail server to run side by side via the nifty imapsync tool (and having Zimbra send all mail through the OS X server) until we're ready to officially switch over. However, I need help automating this process!

I have a CSV file of all our users formatted in this way:

"username","password","First Name","Last Name"

I want to set up a script that'll allow me to pull from this CSV file when creating all our user accounts, as well as when imapsync runs.

I've got the basic command down, but I just don't know what type of loop to put it in, or how to create an array that'll grab the information from my CSV file.

zmprov createAccount $username@mpcsd.org password displayName '$firstname $lastname' givenName $firstname sn $lastname

(no password needs to be passed to Zimbra as all authentication is done via Active Directory)

and...

imapsync --buffersize 8192000 --nosyncacls --subscribe --syncinternaldates --host1 mail.mpcsd.org --user1 $username@mpcsd.org --password1 $password --host2 zimbra.mpcsd.org --user2 $username@mpcsd.org --password2 $password --noauthmd5

I saw the Perl script in the Zimbra Wiki, but got a little confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

~ Anthony

thunder04 is offline Special Member

Boy, I feel rather dumb...

This takes care of the imapsync question:

User Migration - Zimbra :: Wiki

I still have the question about the bulk user adding with a CSV file.

Thanks again!

~ Anthony

ceefus is offline Active Member

I know this post is very old but I created a script that does just what you asked. If you or anyone else would like I can message you the script.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ceefus View Post
    I know this post is very old but I created a script that does just what you asked. If you or anyone else would like I can message you the script.
    It might be easier if you posted it in the Zimbra :: Wiki with a link to it in these forums.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information