Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Groupwise Migration Tool: location??

mmorse is offline Moderator

I'm sorry, I just realized you already mentioned that you can't use the 4.5.6 in another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by misleb View Post
    I already tried the 4.5.6 tool a few months ago and it was broken. Pretty much useless, actually. It wouldn't migrate most of my users... A known bug, AFAIK. The whole point of downloading and installing 4.5.7 was to see if things had improved. Oh well. I guess I'll just hold off until 5.0 RC2. Hopefully there will be a Network Edition. 5.0 is probably what we'd end up using anyway.
    I see a few posts on this that really should be merged...
    Some GMW5Beta3 usage notes can be found at /forums/migration/12905-groupwise-migration-problems.html
    Last edited by mmorse; 11-28-2007 at 08:56 PM.

jholder is offline Former Zimbran

Mike is correct-
    Due to licensing issues (not with us, but other vendors), we are no longer able to bundle the Groupwise Migration wizard.

Network Edition Customers can get it, but they must sign a special form to get it.

Sorry guys.
    Bummer.

misleb is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    Mike is correct-
    Due to licensing issues (not with us, but other vendors), we are no longer able to bundle the Groupwise Migration wizard.

Network Edition Customers can get it, but they must sign a special form to get it.

Sorry guys.
    Bummer.
    Will I be able to get it for my trial testing? If so, I don't mind signing something and I'll give sales a call. Also it would help to know if there have been significant improvements in the tool since Beta 3. The Beta 3 version didn't work very well for me and the thread "Groupwise Migration problems" isn't very encouraging.

I apologize for the persistence (and annoyance?) on this issue, but I've invested some time in testing and considering Zimbra to replace Groupwise and I haven't been able to get a straight answer about the status of the Groupwise migration tool until now. And even now it isn't quite clear that if it will work reliably.. or is at least better than the Beta 3 version.

Rich Graves is offline Outstanding Member

This is the first I've heard of a licensing problem. That worries me a bit, and I'd like to know more (presumably under NDA). I've asked my PS contact.

I probably shouldn't have been, but I was recently sent a developer-only build that fixes many of the problems we saw in 5b3. So I can tell you that they definitely *are* making progress, though you (and I) would prefer it to be faster, and it's clearly not 100% yet.

We have been having some interesting conversations on our campus as to how close to 100% it needs to be. We have decided that we at least need to wait for 5.0GA, because surprisingly, nearly 20% of our remaining active GW users have Tasks. We also consider Outlook 2007 to be important.

If you are mainly interested in migrating email, imapsync is faster, and seems to work fine with the GroupWise 7sp2 IMAP server. Reading messages via IMAP sometimes caused previous versions of GroupWise 7 to crash.

Obviously this isn't entirely Zimbra's problem. If GW was perfect, we wouldn't be talking about migrating away from it.

bigger12 is offline Starter Member

Try GroupWise to Exchange software and convert GroupWise user mailbox to MS Outlook PST file in few simple steps. For more information and free download this software click here GroupWise to Exchange Software

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information