Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: RPC Error using Domino Migration Wizard

  1. #1
    fabrice is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    7

    Default RPC Error using Domino Migration Wizard

    Hello,

    I'm trying to migrate account from a Domino 6.5.3 server with the migration wizard (5.0 Beta 2). It failed with this error :

    RPC Error : The server response could not be parsed. The server may require a secure channel.

    Any ideas ?

  2. #2
    alee is offline Former Zimbran
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    8

    Default check the ports

    Quote Originally Posted by fabrice View Post
    Hello,

    I'm trying to migrate account from a Domino 6.5.3 server with the migration wizard (5.0 Beta 2). It failed with this error :

    RPC Error : The server response could not be parsed. The server may require a secure channel.

    Any ideas ?
    are you sure that you are not trying to access the server over a port that requires ssl? maybe checking the server config might help?

  3. #3
    Klug's Avatar
    Klug is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Beaucaire, France
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Fabrice, 5.0 beta 3 is out, you should upgrade too.

  4. #4
    fabrice is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    are you sure that you are not trying to access the server over a port that requires ssl? maybe checking the server config might help?
    I don't know. If the wizard use Domino RPC when receiving work the answer is no and any way this server doesn't requieres SSL.
    Is there any debug mode for the wizard, with extended messages on the log ?

  5. #5
    fabrice is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klug View Post
    Fabrice, 5.0 beta 3 is out, you should upgrade too.
    Yes, your right I'll probably do it as soon as possible. But I haven't read any "known bug" or improvement on the Domino Wizard.

  6. #6
    alee is offline Former Zimbran
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fabrice View Post
    I don't know. If the wizard use Domino RPC when receiving work the answer is no and any way this server doesn't requieres SSL.
    Is there any debug mode for the wizard, with extended messages on the log ?
    What about your Zimbra server? The migration wizard will talk soap to the Zimbra server after it talks Notes RPC to the Domino server. If that Zimbra server port requires SSL, this error would make sense.

  7. #7
    fabrice is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Right,

    I'm using https on port 7071 for zimbra connection and it complains after the first windows. Is it possible to reach the admin port without SSL ? something like http://zimbra:7071 ?

    Fabrice

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2009, 08:04 PM
  2. Migration Wizard: Unable to Open Directory Object
    By ThorGoLucky in forum Administrators
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-31-2008, 02:01 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 04:27 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 04:18 AM
  5. Domino Migration LDAP log in problems
    By Paolo Campanelli in forum Migration
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 06:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •