Thread: Disable attachment indexing for imapsync

richard-hdd is offline Active Member

Default Disable attachment indexing for imapsync

Hello,

Over the weekend I built a new Zimbra server to replace our old Zimbra server that needed the software to be upgraded and to be installed on a server with a larger storage area.

Old Server: Release 4.0.0_RC1_272.FC5_20060814124642 FC5 FOSS edition
    New Server: Release 4.5.6_GA_1044.RHEL4_20070706225645 CentOS4 FOSS edition

Once I got the new server up and running and had all the accounts created and the settings set up the way we wanted it, I used imapsync to migrate the messages from the old server to the new server. Most of the accounts transferred without problem with the exception for a couple. I did some research and it appears as though imapsync fails at one point because of some kind of APPEND issue (there is an example here).

The suggested solution was to disable attachment indexing during the imapsync operations and then re-enable it afterwards and then get Zimbra to re-index the messages. I have looked in the forums, on the wiki and have done searches on Google but I cannot find how you disable the attachment indexing.

So I was wondering if someone could help me by telling me what commands I need to use to disable attachment indexing, to re-enable it and to have Zimbra re-index the messages (if that is really needed)?

Thank you.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I'm afraid that Attachment Indexing is a NE feature and not available in the OSS version.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Since the OSS version doesn't have any attachment indexing, do you know what might be causing imapsync to give this error:

Couldn't append msg #4684 (Subject:[0]) to folder INBOX: 883 NO APPEND failed

There are two accounts that have messages I need to move over but it seems that when I run imapsync it fails with this error on the same message every time.

Thanks.

Are you sure the message isn't actually getting copied despite that message?
    Regards

Bill

I am not entirely sure the message is being copied as I am not sure how to find out what message is actually being transferred. I tried to use the date as a way to identify the message but I cannot find a message with the date imapsync shows.

I do know that I have tried to sync this particular account probably close to a dozen times now and each time imapsync fails while trying to copy this one message. It looks like to me that imapsync is getting stuck on this one message.

I haven't spent that much time trying to sync the other account that I am having troubles with as the guy is out of the office this week. However I think the problem might be the same kind of thing but I haven't investigated it throughly enough yet.

Try a quick test with Thunderbird and login to both accounts and just do a drag'n'drop to the new server, see if that throws any errors.
    Regards

Bill

Thread Information