Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Network_error

natalie is offline Starter Member

Default Network_error

I have just installed Zimbra (latest version) on Open Suse 10.2 (following the guides), went to the admin console, sucessfully created 2 accounts, but when I try testing it and send a message from one account on the box to another, it gives me this error message:

msg Csfe service error
    code NETWORK_ERROR
    method ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    detail Empty HTTP response

At first, I thought it's an issue w/ DNS or firewall, but it's resolving just fine, has A and MX records, firewall isn't blocking it... so.. Any ideas? Thanks. I've search the forum, and it seems to be an old issue, but no one has provided a solution. yet.
    Last edited by natalie; 07-03-2007 at 09:21 AM.

jholder is offline Former Zimbran

Hi and Welcome to the Zimbra forums.
    It would be useful if you could update your profile with your version build info (even tho it's here) for future ref.

If you could login, then I'm guessing it's not DNS. Are you sure tomcat is running? If not, take a look at /opt/zimbra/tomcat/logs/mailbox.log

Also, /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log may yeild more info.

Best,
    john

eombah is offline Loyal Member

Hi,

I have the same problem, except that it happens only on https and it happens every one out of two actions that I perform.
    I create an email, send it, it gives me the error message, then I send it again and it's ok.

I will check for the logs and update this track.

cheers Bart.

message is:

msg - Csfe service error
    code - NETWORK_ERROR
    method - ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    detail - Empty HTTP response

running on IE 6.0.2800.1106

soxfan is offline Moderator

Not sure if it will solve your problem, but just in general with the Zimbra web client I would recommend upgrading to IE7. You will notice a big time performance difference between IE6 and IE7 (and even better performance with Firefox, if that is an option).

thanks for your reply.

I use firefox myself, but when doing work at clients, I don't have a choice, I have to use the one they provide.
    At this client they use IE6, another client is still at IE5.5.

soxfan is offline Moderator

I understand that you don't always have control of the environment at client locations. It's not clear from your last statement whether you are just using a computer provided by your client to get your email, or if you are installing Zimbra for your clients. If it is the latter I would highly recommend that you attempt to persuade them to upgrade to IE7. IE 5.5 is not even supported by Zimbra. As far as IE 6 (should be SP2) you should definitely expect to get complaints about performance issues with Zimbra. My company was ready to scrap our plans to migrate to Zimbra because the web client was running so poorly on IE 6. Once we upgraded to IE 7 everything became much better, and we are now sailing along, well into our migration.

By that way, just to be clear I'm not sure that the IE version is the actual cause of your problem. I know your error has been posted many times, but I don't know if a definitive answer/fix has ever been found. I just figured I would pass along the tip about IE because even if it doesn't fix this error it will help in other areas with the web client.
    Last edited by soxfan; 07-05-2007 at 09:17 AM.

hmm, it seems to happen only on IE and only with https.
    I don't see any messages in the zimbra logs.
    It looks like a local browser problem.

smothemh is offline Intermediate Member

Default Similar error

I'm having a similar error except I'm getting it on Firefox 2 on Linux, server is:

Release 4.5.6_GA_1044.FC4_20070706142111 FC4 FOSS edition

When I started having the problem (out of the blue, was working earlier today), after checking stuff I stopped the server and backed up /opt/zimbra and then restarted. Still same problem, https and http. Nothing in the logs. So I saw the thread about the build 1023 vs 1044 bug fixes and went ahead and applied the update. No joy.

I think I'll try reinstalling from scratch, restoring my backup, then upgrading over the top of that...I think that's the preferred method for upgrading. I'm on FC4 now, I want to update OS but maybe just one thing at a time for now. Any suggestions? I'm really stumped...
    - Mick Smothers
    Memphis, TN USA

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by smothemh View Post
    Any suggestions? I'm really stumped...
    Does anyone ever look in bugzilla?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information