Thread: Relaying pseudo local mail

Nacef is offline Junior Member

Default Relaying pseudo local mail

Hi all,
    I have just finished installing Zimbra on my server. But I'm having some problems configuring it to my needs.

Before installing it I had all my mailboxes hosted by my ISP and the mailboxes domain is let's say myisp.com

I want to keep the names of my mailboxes exactly the same and have them hosted on my zimbra box.

So I have created a domain with the same name as my ISP (myisp.com) and created these mailboxes box1@myisp.com, box2@myisp.com

For the incoming mail I will use fetchmail to retrieve it from my remote boxes. But for outgoing mail I can send locally to other mailboxes on my new local domain. But when I send to remote boxes on this domain (myisp.com) they can go out of my box since they consider it as a local mail.

So what I am asking is there is a way to tell zimbra (postfix) to serve locally only this boxes of this domain and for all the rest it will have to relay them to my ISP's SMTP server.

It's really urgent for me to get this working. Thanks in advance to all.

Cheers

Nacef

jholder is offline Former Zimbran

Why don't you replace myisp.com with your new zimbra server, update your MX records, and use imapsync to move your old e-mails to your new server?

Also, we've added a new profile feature so that users can enter their Zimbra info. Would you update your profile?

Nacef is offline Junior Member

hi jholder,

I can't change my domain to a new one, beacause actually I am testing this Zimbra box instead of my actual system and I have so many clients that are familiar with my actual addresses so I don't want to change them until I am sure that I will keep using this Zimbra box.

So please is there a way to implement this in the way I have specified. I will re-explain the needs.

I need to have my local mailboxes with myisp.com domain and can relay outgoing mail to other remote mailboxes on this same domain through my ISP's SMTP server.

Thread Information