Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DNS/MX record trouble

Eternal-student is offline Intermediate Member

Also, I'm trying to set up zapgun.net as the deafult domain. The instructions I have seen so far only say how to set it up with a host name mailserver.zapgun.net which means the default address become admin@mailserver.zapgun.net

I changed all the settings from mailserver.zapgun.net to just zapgun.net (which means the hosts file is missing the host name). It seemed to install ok but the antivirus service stopped working and the messages were held in the deferred queue. Can any one tell me if they've installed it with out a hostname.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal-student View Post
    Also, I'm trying to set up zapgun.net as the deafult domain. The instructions I have seen so far only say how to set it up with a host name mailserver.zapgun.net which means the default address become admin@mailserver.zapgun.net

I changed all the settings from mailserver.zapgun.net to just zapgun.net (which means the hosts file is missing the host name). It seemed to install ok but the antivirus service stopped working and the messages were held in the deferred queue. Can any one tell me if they've installed it with out a hostname.
    It doesn't set the domain up with a hostname, it sets DNS records to point to a hostname (FQDN). You can change the domain name during the initial (i.e. first clean) install. If this is an already installed system then you want to set the default domain to zapgun.net by creating it in the admin UI and setting it as the default.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Eternal-student is offline Intermediate Member

I've tried changing the default domain at install (fresh install) but the installation then stops at the slapd configuration.

Initializing ldap...daemon: bind(7) failed errno=99 (Cannot assign requested address)

If I'm chaning the default domain name do I need to change something in the zone file that points zapgun.net ro mailserver.zapgun.net?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information