Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: source install mysql questions

  1. #1
    exothermic is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    9

    Default source install mysql questions

    could someone please explain the following out of the build_cvs install doc:

    cd ../mysql
    mkdir $(BUILD_PLATFORM) (RHEL4, FC3, FC4, MACOSX, SuSEES9, DEBIAN3.1)
    cd $(BUILD_PLATFORM)
    # download mysql 4.1.10a for your platform (binary) or 4.1.14(source) if MACOSX
    # Also grab client libraries (unless MACOSX)

    Does this mean I only have to download the rpms under a new distro dir? Do they need to be installed at all?

    if then why is this:
    add /opt/zimbra/mysql/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf
    needed? If I follow this doc, this dir doesn't even exist at this point.

    the other thing I'm wondering is this line:

    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/zimbra/mysql/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

    What is this ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH} variable, what do I replace this with?

    Miles

  2. #2
    marcmac is offline Expert Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,103
    Rep Power
    13

    Default mysql build

    Quote Originally Posted by exothermic
    could someone please explain the following out of the build_cvs install doc:

    cd ../mysql
    mkdir $(BUILD_PLATFORM) (RHEL4, FC3, FC4, MACOSX, SuSEES9, DEBIAN3.1)
    cd $(BUILD_PLATFORM)
    # download mysql 4.1.10a for your platform (binary) or 4.1.14(source) if MACOSX
    # Also grab client libraries (unless MACOSX)

    Does this mean I only have to download the rpms under a new distro dir? Do they need to be installed at all?
    Don't download rpms - download the binary tar file, which will be expanded by the makefile.
    Quote Originally Posted by exothermic

    if then why is this:
    add /opt/zimbra/mysql/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf
    needed? If I follow this doc, this dir doesn't even exist at this point.
    No, it doesn't - but it will after you run make, and that way the subsequent builds will find the libraries they need.
    Quote Originally Posted by exothermic

    the other thing I'm wondering is this line:

    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/zimbra/mysql/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

    What is this ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH} variable, what do I replace this with?

    Miles
    Don't replace it with anything - this prepends /opt/zimbra/mysql/lib to your existing LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Zimbra fails after working for 2 weeks
    By Linsys in forum Administrators
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 12:42 AM
  2. Installation Problem
    By Ju-Pao in forum Installation Help
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 02:54 PM
  3. Installs but won't start on Linux FC6
    By iain in forum General Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-29-2007, 10:19 AM
  4. Source Install Initialization
    By buttars in forum Developers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 04:41 PM
  5. M3 problem with shares
    By titangears in forum Users
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-12-2006, 01:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •