Thread: Strange SOAP with OU connector

russgalleywood is offline Elite Member

Default Strange SOAP with OU connector

Having recently re-built our Zimbra server after schema errors all now seems to be working correctly.

However one of our users has a strange error in Outlook, discovered today, (ignore the stars obviously);

Sent: 22 May 2007 12:05
    To: 'user@domain.co.uk'
    Subject: Undeliverable: ***** ***** visiting from ****.

Error: This message could not be sent.

Subject: ******* ****** visiting from *****.

To: user@domain.co.uk

Note: Soap Fault. Please recreate and resend the message. Details below:

Error Code: mail.TRY_AGAIN

Error Text: try again: message send already in progress: 6598265

This occurred when trying to add an internal user to an existing meeting in Outlook 2003 SBE which had the Zimbra connector installed (version 4.5.3).

When we had our recent problems, mentioned at the start of the post, the Zimbra server was down for a few days, could it be a problem with the synchronisation between Outlook and Zimbra? Also Zimbra is now version 4.5.5 but I have yet to update some staff PC's to the latest OU connector (including the effected machine). this has only affected the one machine so far though so could be a one off. I imagine removing the connector and re-installing the latest versino would help but am reluctant to upset the user, (The Boss of the Company), any more after the recent problems!

I just wondered if this was an immediately obvious error to anyone to save me having to track it down.

Running on CentOS 4.4.

Thanks Guys

Russ

I am still having this problem but still with only one PC on the Network!

It only occurs when the User replies to a mail or meeting request from Outlook. Although it complains with the above message, the reply does arrive at the other end OK!

Funnily enough, another User was experiencing extreme slowdown on her Calendar within the Zimbra interface using Firefox 2.0.3 on Windows XP. She had about eight shared pretty busy Calendars open so I thought it was just her! However, when I investigated further it seems that the slowdown only happnens when she tries to open another Users Calendar and guess what, it belongs to the User experiencing the SOAP fault!

Weird huh?

Any help much appreciated because as I said previously, the User with the SOAP problem is the Boss!

p.s. I removed the 4.5.3 connector from his PC and installed the 4.5.5 connector, made no difference.

I am still having this error, no one from Support has contacted me about it and no one has answered on here about it either!

I have been investigating further if it helps and have a little new info on the subject;

Looking in the /opt/zimbra/log/mail.log
    I see this message for the affected User;

2007-05-24 08:51:03,318 ERROR [http-80-Processor88] [mid=21;ip=192.168.0.76;name=richardp@eolgroup.co.u k;] calendar - Invalid state: appointment/task 2224 in mailbox 21 has no default invite; invite count = 0

I see many instances of 'ERROR' in the log but always only for this one User thankfully!

I guess I could just restore the User again but am unsure as to whether this will affect any mail received since the backup date from which I will restore. Is it safe to restore without affecting this?

If this was any other User I would just fob them off for a bit but it's the Boss's PC and he is starting to mention MS Exchange quite frequently now!

Help!!

Russ

Also, forgot to mention, because of this error we can not get into his Zimbra account either from his PC or through the Admin interface from my PC.

jeepville is offline Active Member

I am now getting this error also just upgraded to the latest 4.5.7 connector he gets the error when trying to bcc a large group of people

Hi jeepville,

through help from Zimbra support I was mostly able to cure this fault. I say mostly because it was the associated issues (like invite count = 0) which were cured by me upgrading to 4.5.7.

I realise this is not a lot of help to you as you have just upgraded to 4.5.7 and now get the error!

However, and I'm afraid this is not very good news, but I was told that the main SOAP fault at the top of my thread is actually reported as being fixed in version 5.0

However, now running on 4.5.7 and using the 4.5.7 OU connector we no longer seem to have any of these isssues.

Sorry I can't be any more help but there are others on here who should be able to help and are a lot more knowledgeable than I!

Russ

jeepville is offline Active Member

I was able to send to it fine via the web client just not through outlook. Its an outlook 2003 client on the latest 4.5.7 connector.

looking at the opt/zimbra/log/mail.log

That user has a bunch of errors under their name.

Should I just uninstall and reinstall the connector or is it something to do with his data file?
    Last edited by jeepville; 10-03-2007 at 12:53 PM.

Thread Information