Thread: pop3 stops getting mail

nosiath is offline Junior Member

Default pop3 stops getting mail

Hi guys,

I'm running into a very naggy issue. I get mail from Gmail. I click Get Mail to get them, but right now it gets only 3,4 mails and stop. You have to click again in Get mail to get the next ones. Suppose I have 20 new mails today. Then I have to click Get Mail 3 times to get all those new messages. It gets 5-6 messages and stop. Is this something I have to configure ?

Thanks in advanced.
    Nosiath

dkarp is offline Zimbra Employee

Default Not synchronous

Quote Originally Posted by nosiath View Post
    I'm running into a very naggy issue. I get mail from Gmail. I click Get Mail to get them, but right now it gets only 3,4 mails and stop. You have to click again in Get mail to get the next ones. Suppose I have 20 new mails today. Then I have to click Get Mail 3 times to get all those new messages. It gets 5-6 messages and stop. Is this something I have to configure ?
    The "POP external mail" operation is not synchronous. In other words, you initiate it and it goes on for a while in the background. So what you're seeing is expected -- each time you hit "Get Mail", you're seeing that more of them have showed up from this "background thread" that was working on the POP.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

nosiath is offline Junior Member

Hello,

Thank you for your response, but before that, with one click in "Get Mail" I could get 1000 mails at once. Now I hit once and after getting 3-4 messages then it says Gmail loaded. I understand that there are still new messages that it has not loaded. Is this a bug or something ? Suppost I get from an account that has 2000 new mails to be loaded. I have to hit hundreds of time to get all the mails

bburtin is offline Zimbra Employee

If you add the following line to /opt/zimbra/conf/log4j.properties:

Code:
    log4j.logger.com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Pop3Import=DEBUG
    You should see messages written to the log that tell you how many messages were returned by the POP3 server when issued the UIDL command. If you're not using leave-on-server, that number should match the number of messages added to your mailbox. If you are using leave-on-server, we check the UID of each message against messages we've already seen, so only new messages are added.

Let me know if the debugging info helps at all. I'm starting to realize that we need to make data source debugging more verbose, to help people diagnose these sorts of problems.

Boris

Thread Information