Thread: Slight Backup error

russgalleywood is offline Elite Member

Default Slight Backup error

Hi all,

really pleased that you can now see your backups in the Admin Console.

Have a slight problem with it though! I can see three backups that have been carried out, the first a Full, then an Incremental and then another Full. The last full reports errors however. If I double-click on a 'good' backup (one without erros) I get the report on what was backed up. But if I click on the one with errors I get an error message saying

'Message: incomplete backup full-20070119.010041.754: /opt/zimbra/backup/sessions/full-20070119.010041.754/session.dat is not read-only; backup didn't complete successfully
    com.zimbra.cs.backup.BackupServiceException: incomplete backup full-20070119.010041.754: /opt/zimbra/backup/sessions/full-20070119.010041.754/session.dat is not read-only; backup didn't complete successfully
    at com.zimbra.cs.backup.BackupServiceException.INCOMP LETE_BACKUP(BackupServiceException.java:68)
    at com.zimbra.cs.backup.FileBackupTarget$FileBackupSe t.(FileBackupTarget.java:692)
    at com.zimbra.cs.backup.FileBackupTarget.getBackupSet (FileBackupTarget.java:195)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.backup.BackupQuery.handle(Ba ckupQuery.java:49)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:262)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:162)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:84)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:223)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:709)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:162)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:541)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:869)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11 ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProt ocol.java:667)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.process Socket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThr ead.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Error code: backup.INCOMPLETE_BACKUP
    Method: ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    Details:soap:Receiver'

This is on CentOS 4.4 and Zimbra 4.5.0_GA_612.RHEL4.

Thanks

Russ

Sorry, should have said, obviously I realise as this is an incomplete backup I am neccessarily going to get a printout of what was successfully backed up.
    But it would be nice to get some kind of report on what happened to stop the backup working.

Is this possible?

jhahm is offline Zimbra Employee

Sure, the error reporting can use some improvement. But first thing is to find out what went wrong. Can you find any error in /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log during the time the incomplete backup ran? Chances are the error line has the word "backup" in it.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Quote Originally Posted by jhahm View Post
    Sure, the error reporting can use some improvement. But first thing is to find out what went wrong. Can you find any error in /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log during the time the incomplete backup ran? Chances are the error line has the word "backup" in it.
    Thanks jhahm,

had a look, there is a lot of instances of the work 'backup'! Not quite sure which one I should be looking for!
    Can you be any more specific please? I do appreciate your help but am not that knowledgeable about such things.

Thanks Mate

Russ

jhahm is offline Zimbra Employee

Can you post your log? (cut out the section for the backup run and zip it)
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Thread Information