Thread: zimbra-logger and zimbra-core conflict during installation

zimjo is offline Starter Member

Default zimbra-logger and zimbra-core conflict during installation

Hi,
    Am stuck at the logger part in zimbra installation as am getting the following on the terminal

Removing existing packages

zimbra-ldap...done
    zimbra-core...done

Removing deployed webapp directories
    Installing packages

zimbra-core......zimbra-core-8.0.2_GA_5569.RHEL6_64-20121210115059.x86_64.rpm...done
    zimbra-ldap......zimbra-ldap-8.0.2_GA_5569.RHEL6_64-20121210115059.x86_64.rpm...done
    zimbra-logger......zimbra-logger-8.0.2_GA_5569.RHEL6_64-20121210115059.x86_64.rpm...FAILED
    ###ERROR###

zimbra-logger-8.0.2_GA_5569.RHEL6_64-20121210115059.x86_64.rpm installation failed

Installation cancelled
    The install log has the following

COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -s | sed -e "s/ = \(.*\)/=\'\1\'/" > /opt/zimbra/.saveconfig/config.save
    COMMAND: zmcontrol shutdown
    Can't locate Sys/Syslog.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Zimbra/DB /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Zimbra/Mon /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Zimbra/SOAP /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Zimbra/Mon/Logger.pm line 21.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Zimbra/Mon/Logger.pm line 21.
    Compilation failed in require at /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcontrol line 27.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcontrol line 27.
    COMMAND: /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmslapcat /opt/zimbra/data/ldap
    slapcat: bad configuration directory!
    Preparing packages...
    usermod: no changes
    zimbra-core-8.0.2_GA_5569.RHEL6_64-20121210115059.x86_64
    Preparing packages...
    zimbra-ldap-8.0.2_GA_5569.RHEL6_64-20121210115059.x86_64
    Preparing packages...
    file /opt/zimbra/logger from install of zimbra-logger-8.0.2_GA_5569.RHEL6_64-20121210115059.x86_64 conflicts with file from package zimbra-core-8.0.2_GA_5569.RHEL6_64-20121210115059.x86_64
    file /opt/zimbra/logger/db from install of zimbra-logger-8.0.2_GA_5569.RHEL6_64-20121210115059.x86_64 conflicts with file from package zimbra-core-8.0.2_GA_5569.RHEL6_64-20121210115059.x86_64

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Is this an upgrade of ZCS? If it's an upgrade, which version of ZCS is currently installed? Why are you not installing the current ZCS version?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

zimjo is offline Starter Member

Its not an upgrade. The first installation got stuck at the logger so I tried again. The above output is after the second trial. Let me check on the current version and see how it goes.

On which operating system are you trying to install this ZCS? You can also take a look at some of these threads on the topic.
    Regards

Bill

triplesquare is offline New Member

I am experiencing an identical issue on logger and store (perhaps others). I am trying to install the RHEL 6 package on Fedora 18 after running into a few issues compiling from source I thought this might be an easier approach. Zimbra core installed fine. I suspect it will have to be installed from source. That is sort of silly though. They are RPM's, and should install on FC. I even removed the packages and cleared /opt/zimbra and tried again with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by triplesquare View Post
    I am experiencing an identical issue on logger and store (perhaps others). I am trying to install the RHEL 6 package on Fedora 18 after running into a few issues compiling from source I thought this might be an easier approach. Zimbra core installed fine. I suspect it will have to be installed from source. That is sort of silly though. They are RPM's, and should install on FC. I even removed the packages and cleared /opt/zimbra and tried again with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    You should realise the ZCS is only provided for supported (and tested) platforms and those are the ones on the Downloads page, installing it on any other platform is not likely to work and you may or may not get it working. If you do get it working you're on your own, you will not receive any support for it nor will you be able to get any bugs filed for it. I'd suggest you actually install on one of the Platforms for which it was built, you'll have a far better experience.

They are RPM's, and should install on FC
    That isn't strictly true, is it? It would depend how the packager built the RPM and for which distribution and for which release of the distribution, not every distribution is created equal.
    Regards

Bill

I understand it's not a supported release. Hence the reason I am coming to the community to help me shoe horn it in

Yes that is obviously true, but an RHEL RPM not installing on FC just bums me out. It's like buying two t-shirts from the same store of the same size but only one fits!

I think I figured out the first part. Missing Perl package
    yum install perl-Sys-Syslog

They still fail though. This time with a "undefined symbol Perl_Istack_sp_ptr" issue. I believe this has been handled a few times in these forums. Certain Perl packages are newer or older than whats required, and may need to be rolled back. I'll keep working on this and post back my results if I can figure out which ones. Unless someone else has gotten ZCS installed on FC 18 without compiling from source and can share the secrets?

Thanks

What is wrong with actually installing Zimbra on a supported platform?
    Regards

Bill

I guess re-installing on a different distro would would fix my Fedora issue. Perhaps using a competing email product would fix my Zimbra problem as well. Maybe I will give one of them a try. Great advice. Thanks for the help.

For anyone looking for a real solution to getting ZCS 8 working on Fedora 18 my next step is to try running Perlbrew and Perl 5.10.1 which is the version RHEL 6 seems to use. I don't have much faith mod_perl will do well if I can even get it to install. Compiling from source might be the better approach after all. I'll post back my results.

Thanks
    -xzn

I guess re-installing on a different distro would would fix my Fedora issue.
    Yes it would and using a bleeding edge consumer distribution is not really a good idea for a stable mail platform.

Perhaps using a competing email product would fix my Zimbra problem as well. Maybe I will give one of them a try.
    If that's what you want to use then feel free, I won't lose any sleep over it.

Great advice. Thanks for the help.
    Install it on a supported platform and you'll get all the help you need if you encounter a problem otherwise, as I said, you're on your own.
    Regards

Bill

Thread Information