Thread: I cannot access zimbra webclient from outside the lan

Simon2013 is offline Beginner Member

Default I cannot access zimbra webclient from outside the lan

i installed Zimbra 8.0 successfully on ubuntu 12.04. i have also installed apache2. Currently, i am able to access the Zimbra webclient from the LAN and Zimbra is able to send and receive mail with no problems. However, when i try to access zimbra webclient using http:// from outside the network i get this message "It works!
    This is the default web page for this server. The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet".

what is the problem since both port 80 and 443 are enabled on the firewall and i have a public IP and an internal address as well. am new to linux and i need your help so that my clients can access their mail from anywhere in the world.

Raunaq is offline Zimbra Employee

Hey Simon,

Can you tell me why you installed apache2 in the first place.Zimbra has its own apache .You apache installation might be the problem here.

ccelis5215 is offline Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Simon2013 View Post
    i installed Zimbra 8.0 successfully on ubuntu 12.04. i have also installed apache2. Currently, i am able to access the Zimbra webclient from the LAN and Zimbra is able to send and receive mail with no problems. However, when i try to access zimbra webclient using http:// from outside the network i get this message "It works!
    This is the default web page for this server. The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet".

what is the problem since both port 80 and 443 are enabled on the firewall and i have a public IP and an internal address as well. am new to linux and i need your help so that my clients can access their mail from anywhere in the world.
    Hello Simon, check your firewall/port rules, and use a diferent set of ports for Apache and Zimbra Apache embedded.

ccelis.
    Last edited by ccelis5215; 04-08-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Thread Information