Thread: Zimbra zcs-8.0.2_GA_5569 installation Issue on Centos 5.9

rvasquezgt is offline Junior Member

Talking Zimbra zcs-8.0.2_GA_5569 installation Issue on Centos 5.9

Hi everybody, I come back after a lot of time and it's nice to see how grow this community, after the commercial:

I try to install ZCS community edition on a CentOS box, next the general information:

OS version (cat on red-hat release): CentOS release 5.9 (Final) patched to the latest version, don't believe me? Heres my yum update output:

Code:
     yum update
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
     * base: mirror.globo.com
     * extras: mirror.globo.com
     * updates: mirror.globo.com
    base                                                                                                                                             | 1.1 kB     00:00
    extras                                                                                                                                           | 2.1 kB     00:00
    updates                                                                                                                                          | 1.9 kB     00:00
    Setting up Update Process
    No Packages marked for Update
    The zcs installer version: zcs-8.0.2_GA_5569.RHEL6_64.20121210115059.tgz

So the problem is, when the installer is in the zimbra-core installating gives an installation failed error, the output:

Code:
    You appear to be installing packages on a platform different
    than the platform for which they were built.

This platform is CentOS5_64
    Packages found: RHEL6_64
    This may or may not work.

Using packages for a platform in which they were not designed for
    may result in an installation that is NOT usable. Your support
    options may be limited if you choose to continue.

Install anyway? [N] Y

The system will be modified.  Continue? [N] Y

Removing /opt/zimbra
    Removing zimbra crontab entry...done.
    done.
    Cleaning up zimbra init scripts...done.
    Cleaning up /etc/ld.so.conf...done.
    Cleaning up /etc/prelink.conf...done.
    Cleaning up /etc/security/limits.conf...done.

Finished removing Zimbra Collaboration Server.

Installing packages

zimbra-core......zimbra-core-8.0.2_GA_5569.RHEL6_64-20121210115059.x86_64.rpm...FAILED
    ###ERROR###

zimbra-core-8.0.2_GA_5569.RHEL6_64-20121210115059.x86_64.rpm installation failed

Installation cancelled
    The install log file output:

Code:
    cat install.log.6376
    error: Failed dependencies:
            rpmlib(FileDigests) <= 4.6.0-1 is needed by zimbra-core-8.0.2_GA_5569.RH                                                                                        EL6_64-20121210115059.x86_64
            rpmlib(PayloadIsXz) <= 5.2-1 is needed by zimbra-core-8.0.2_GA_5569.RHEL                                                                                        6_64-20121210115059.x86_64
    [root@ZCS tmp]# cat install.log.6376
    error: Failed dependencies:
            rpmlib(FileDigests) <= 4.6.0-1 is needed by zimbra-core-8.0.2_GA_5569.RHEL6_64-20121210115059.x86_64
            rpmlib(PayloadIsXz) <= 5.2-1 is needed by zimbra-core-8.0.2_GA_5569.RHEL6_64-20121210115059.x86_64
    I already make an uncle Google search and I just find some threads about issues when update from 7.0 to 7.2, I already search here in the forum and not found info, so if any one knows some about this in advance thank's.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rvasquezgt View Post
    So the problem is, when the installer is in the zimbra-core installating gives an installation failed error, the output:
    I would have thought the problem was self-evident from the error messages you've received but if it's not:

Code:

On which operating system are you installing ZCS and which version did you download? Get the correct version and install that and you should have no problems.
    Last edited by phoenix; 02-21-2013 at 11:10 AM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    I would have thought the problem was self-evident from the error messages you've received but if it's not:

Code:

On which operating system are you installing ZCS and which version did you download? Get the correct version and install that and you should have no problems.
    Thank's Phoenix for your answer, how my thread and my post says the Operative System is a CentOS 5.9 with the latest patches, and the version of the zimbra installer is 8.0.2, how You know, and as far as I know, there's never been a release of a package build for CentOS, You can check this right here Open Source Edition Downloads: Enterprise Messaging and Collaboration Software by Zimbra, the installer says that I'm running the installer in a OS that's not build for, that's the reason why I'm using the --platform override flag. I installing ZCS since 6.x over CentOS and is the firs time I see this issue, if You need additional information about my system I will keep around here.

Quote Originally Posted by rvasquezgt View Post
    Thank's Phoenix for your answer, how my thread and my post says the Operative System is a CentOS 5.9 with the latest patches, and the version of the zimbra installer is 8.0.2, how You know, and as far as I know, there's never been a release of a package build for CentOS, You can check this right here Open Source Edition Downloads: Enterprise Messaging and Collaboration Software by Zimbra, the installer says that I'm running the installer in a OS that's not build for, that's the reason why I'm using the --platform override flag. I installing ZCS since 6.x over CentOS and is the firs time I see this issue, if You need additional information about my system I will keep around here.
    Ignore this post, I read again the Phoenix post and my problem is because I try to install the Release version for RHEL6 on a CentOS 5 so is almost logical the reason of my "issues".

Thread Information