Thread: Need help with installation, willing to pay to just have someone do it.

Uriel is offline Starter Member

Default Need help with installation, willing to pay to just have someone do it.

Zimbra 8 on Ubuntu 12.04 Desktop. Virtual machine running on MS Hyper-V server, mixed environment with MS AD running. Domain controllers are running MS DNS. Running behind a natted firewall. Machine will need to be visible from the inside and outside.

Zimbra is mostly installed, got to nearly the end of installation and I got an error saying that it couldn't initialize LDAP. I think I have mostly DNS issues.

Willing to pay the right person to just get it working for me. Please let me know if you're interested.

Thank you all

Uri

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Zimbra 8 on Ubuntu 12.04 Desktop.
    Zimbra is not supported on any desktop version of Ubuntu, I'd suggest you change that for a Ubuntu LTS version.

Virtual machine running on MS Hyper-V server, mixed environment with MS AD running. Domain controllers are running MS DNS. Running behind a natted firewall. Machine will need to be visible from the inside and outside.

Zimbra is mostly installed, got to nearly the end of installation and I got an error saying that it couldn't initialize LDAP. I think I have mostly DNS issues.
    Most likely. The Split DNS article has details of how to check the configuration, go to the Split DNS article and run all the command in the 'Verify...' section of that article and post the output here.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Uriel is offline Starter Member

Thank you Bill,

I will install the server version just to make sure, will install the software again and see what I get. I've had it installed many times, just can't ever figure out the DNS piece.

Uri

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I will install the server version just to make sure, will install the software again and see what I get. I've had it installed many times, just can't ever figure out the DNS piece.
    It should be fairly straightforward, make sure you fix the DNS before installing Zimbra and post again if you have any problems/questions.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information