View Poll Results: Was this helpful?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Helpful

    21 75.00%
  • Quite helpful

    5 17.86%
  • didn't solve my problem

    2 7.14%
  • Not so good

    0 0%
  • Broken!

    0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Fedora Core 4 how-to

  1. #11
    gzoug is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeygstl
    I have seen this when installing without editing the /etc/hosts file properly, and also when zimbra is unable to 'find' itself.

    I have seen this before. Honestly, I'm not sure what causes it. However, I do know that several threads start up with zimbra, and that I have seen the startup take nearly ten minutes on some systems. You may (ack can't believe I am saying this) want to restart the system and insure that all services come up properly. It will take a while to start - don't get impatient.
    nope!... problem solved (?)

    /etc/sysconfig/i18n:

    removed any .UTF encoding and now config is finished like a charm... (I hope)

    just looked in /etc/profile.d/keys.sh: unicode_start is executed when support for UTF in local lang is requested. FC4's bug or zimbra's? Missing something?

  2. #12
    cxd
    cxd is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    9

    Question Libstdc++

    Im doing an install on fc4 and I get the following err:

    Checking for prerequisites...
    NPTL...FOUND
    libidn..../util/utilfunc.sh: line 262: [: too many arguments
    MISSING
    curl..../util/utilfunc.sh: line 262: [: too many arguments
    MISSING
    fetchmail...FOUND fetchmail-6.2.5-7.fc4.1
    gmp..../util/utilfunc.sh: line 262: [: too many arguments
    MISSING
    /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5...MISSING

    ###ERROR###

    One or more prerequisite packages are missing.
    Please install them before running this installer.

    Installation cancelled.


    any clue?

    thanks in advance

  3. #13
    OChaos is offline Starter Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cxd
    Im doing an install on fc4 and I get the following err:

    Checking for prerequisites...
    NPTL...FOUND
    libidn..../util/utilfunc.sh: line 262: [: too many arguments
    MISSING
    curl..../util/utilfunc.sh: line 262: [: too many arguments
    MISSING
    fetchmail...FOUND fetchmail-6.2.5-7.fc4.1
    gmp..../util/utilfunc.sh: line 262: [: too many arguments
    MISSING
    /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5...MISSING

    ###ERROR###

    One or more prerequisite packages are missing.
    Please install them before running this installer.

    Installation cancelled.


    any clue?

    thanks in advance
    You need to install the MISSING dependencies..

    try this
    Code:
    yum install libstdc++.so.5
    yum install libidn
    yum install curl
    yum install fetchmail
    yum install gmp
    edit: I just looked at the first post again, it has all this stuff in it
    Last edited by OChaos; 11-16-2005 at 10:35 PM.

  4. #14
    cxd
    cxd is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OChaos
    You need to install the MISSING dependencies..

    try this
    Code:
    yum install libstdc++.so.5
    yum install libidn
    yum install curl
    yum install fetchmail
    yum install gmp
    edit: I just looked at the first post again, it has all this stuff in it
    well I had done all that except

    yum install libstdc++.so.5

    so I did and tried again with the following as result:

    Checking for prerequisites...
    NPTL...FOUND
    libidn..../util/utilfunc.sh: line 262: [: too many arguments
    MISSING
    curl..../util/utilfunc.sh: line 262: [: too many arguments
    MISSING
    fetchmail...FOUND fetchmail-6.2.5-7.fc4.1
    gmp..../util/utilfunc.sh: line 262: [: too many arguments
    MISSING
    /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5...FOUND


    as you can see, those seem to be sh errors
    "curl..../util/utilfunc.sh: line 262: [: too many arguments"

    I'd appreciate any additional info

  5. #15
    OChaos is offline Starter Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cxd
    well I had done all that except

    yum install libstdc++.so.5

    so I did and tried again with the following as result:

    Checking for prerequisites...
    NPTL...FOUND
    libidn..../util/utilfunc.sh: line 262: [: too many arguments
    MISSING
    curl..../util/utilfunc.sh: line 262: [: too many arguments
    MISSING
    fetchmail...FOUND fetchmail-6.2.5-7.fc4.1
    gmp..../util/utilfunc.sh: line 262: [: too many arguments
    MISSING
    /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5...FOUND


    as you can see, those seem to be sh errors
    "curl..../util/utilfunc.sh: line 262: [: too many arguments"

    I'd appreciate any additional info
    my bad... I didnt catch that the first time... I'm up reaal late trying to get this up and running myself.. On a third attempt, but this is the first time I saw this How to:, so i'll see how it goes..

    As for your problem, it appears someone should be able to help you, i'm sorry I dont know what it is.

  6. #16
    cxd
    cxd is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OChaos
    my bad... I didnt catch that the first time... I'm up reaal late trying to get this up and running myself.. On a third attempt, but this is the first time I saw this How to:, so i'll see how it goes..

    As for your problem, it appears someone should be able to help you, i'm sorry I dont know what it is.
    maybe it's because my system is FC4 64bits

  7. #17
    squeze is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gzoug
    nope!... problem solved (?)

    /etc/sysconfig/i18n:

    removed any .UTF encoding and now config is finished like a charm... (I hope)

    just looked in /etc/profile.d/keys.sh: unicode_start is executed when support for UTF in local lang is requested. FC4's bug or zimbra's? Missing something?
    hi gzoug,

    what do you mean removed any .UTF encoding? i didn't find the /etc/profile.d/keys.sh, but i found the /etc/sysconfig/i18n. it contains:
    LANG=en_US.UTF-8
    SYSFONT=latarcyrheb-sun16
    SUPPORTED=en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en

    do i have to remove the i18n?

    thanks in advance

    rgds,
    sq

  8. #18
    gzoug is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squeze
    hi gzoug,

    what do you mean removed any .UTF encoding? i didn't find the /etc/profile.d/keys.sh, but i found the /etc/sysconfig/i18n. it contains:
    LANG=en_US.UTF-8
    SYSFONT=latarcyrheb-sun16
    SUPPORTED=en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en

    do i have to remove the i18n?

    thanks in advance

    rgds,
    sq
    correction: /etc/profile.d/lang.sh
    Script is calling unicode_start if *utf-8* strings are found in your /etc/sysconfig/i18n 's entries

    I just removed/modifiyed the *utf-8* entries in my /etc/sysconfig/i18n
    to single ones, say "en_US.UTF-8" to "en_US"

    that fixed my problem..

    I haven't got time to check what causes these zobbie unicode_start processes to stay allive. My first hint is that whenever zimbra scripts are su-ing as zimbra user, zibmra's profile is executed, so this lang.sh is executed too. Now: If I can guess right, the su-ed command is terminated without waiting the zimbra's profile script to terminate, and that might causes the new bash-ed unicode_start to stay alive. I'm not sure though...

  9. #19
    gzoug is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    9

    Lightbulb M2 on FC4 - libdb4.3 prob

    Posting this might help community

    One dependency I came to, was the requirement for Berkeley' libdb 4.2

    FC4 had 4.3, but linking the .so to 4.2 was hitting to a stop error of "db.h version 4.2 <> libdb version 4.3" ...

    workaround: force rpm install the libdb 4.2 from FC3's CDs.

  10. #20
    chamo is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    There is an open source FC4 M2 download on the Zimbra Download page now.

    Is there any prep that needs to be done for this M2-FC4 build to install on FC4 beyond the noramal, turn sendmail off, yum upgrade, yum install curl, yum install fetchmail, yum install gmp, yum install libstdc++.so.5?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Can't Receive Mail on Fedora Core 6
    By lks in forum Installation
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 08:07 PM
  2. Fedora Core 4 - libstdc++.so.5
    By reza225 in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 10:51 AM
  3. Fedora Core 4 Is Best for Zimbra opensource
    By nazeeronline in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 04:51 AM
  4. Fedora Core 2
    By vbfischer in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2006, 09:05 AM
  5. Fedora Core 3 vs. RHEL 4 stability
    By drogers in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-29-2005, 02:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •