Thread: Active Directory GAL

robrusso is offline New Member

Default Active Directory GAL

Hello,

I have setup the trial network edition of Beta for my company to try out and I am trying to get the GAL working with our active directory environment. I have setup the config and I dont get any error but I also do not get any search results. The config is as follows:

Mail Domain: mis.test.com
    AD Domain: global.test.org

ldap://ldap.global.test.org:389
    LDAP filter: ad
    Autocomplete filter: adAutoComplete
    LDAP search base: ou=User Accounts,dc=globa,dc=test,dc=org

Bind DN: ldap@global.test.org

I have tried setting it up using ldap with a number of different search filters but each time I dont seem tog et any results. Any help someone could provide would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

There isn't a NE Beta version available at the moment, do you mean Zimbra 4.0.4 NE?

Do you get any errors returned? There's a spelling mistake on your LDAP Search Base, I assume that's a typo? Have you tried using ldapsearch with those entires to see what it returns?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

robrusso is offline New Member

Yes I did not mean the beta edition and yes that was a typo.

I just tried using ldapsearch and I didn't get results with the default ad search filter but I do get good results using (|(cn=*scott*)(sn=*scott*)(gn=*scott*)(mail=*scott *)).

So went and changed to normal ldap in the GAL config and set that string as my search filter and (|(cn=%s*)(sn=%s*)(gn=%s*)(mail=%s*)) as my autoComplete filter. I am still not getting any results with this setup.

GrepACE is offline Member

I am getting the same results as well. While the GAL Configuration Wizard states that the test was successful, it shows no results at all. I've tried both the Active Directory and LDAP server type to no avail. They both show successful, but yield no results.

A regular ldapsearch such as this yields results no problem at all:
    Code:
    ldapsearch -v -b "dc=domain,dc=com" -h domain.com -D manager -W -x "(cn=*Jones*)"
    Is this a bug? Or has someone in an Active Directory environment been able to get this to work properly?

su_A_ve is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrepACE View Post
    I am getting the same results as well. While the GAL Configuration Wizard states that the test was successful, it shows no results at all. I've tried both the Active Directory and LDAP server type to no avail. They both show successful, but yield no results.

A regular ldapsearch such as this yields results no problem at all:
    Code:
    ldapsearch -v -b "dc=domain,dc=com" -h domain.com -D manager -W -x "(cn=*Jones*)"
    Is this a bug? Or has someone in an Active Directory environment been able to get this to work properly?
    Not an AD issue - I'm hitting the same problem, tapping into our external LDAP directory (Sun).

The query I'm using is:
    Code:
    (|(cn=%s*)(sn=%s*)(mail=%s*))
    And I properly see the query on the ldap servers log, and it correctly responds with results. Using the same query as shown on the logs from the command line, correctly responds with the entries...

Code:
    [18/Dec/2006:19:00:54 -0500] conn=74080 op=1 msgId=2 - SRCH base="o=our company,c=us" scope=2 filter="(|(cn=*test*)(sn=*test*)(mail=*test*))" attrs="co company description displayName cn givenName gn initials l objectClass ou physicalDeliveryOfficeName postalCode sn st street street telephoneNumber title whenchanged modifyTimestamp whencreated createTimestamp zimbracalreslocationdisplayname zimbracalrestype zimbraid zimbramaildeliveryaddress zimbramailalias mail zimbramailforwardingaddress"
    [18/Dec/2006:19:00:54 -0500] conn=74080 op=1 msgId=2 - RESULT err=0 tag=101 nentries=2 etime=0
    Is it expecting an actual zimbra attribute ? We are setting this up as a secondary mta, so we should be able to search for other users...

TIA...

Thread Information