Hardware Sizing Recommendations
I run an IT consulting firm that helps small businesses use open source to save money. One of my best-selling products is Zimbra for obvious reasons.
Most of my clients have 25-50 users and almost any hardware with two cores and 4+ GB of RAM will work for years to come!
However, my latest client is a 400 employee insurance firm currently using Lotus Domino. A far cry from my usual clientèle.
I have absolutely no idea what kind of hardware to use for their deployment. I asked my Dell contact, and he came back with the following "solution:"
- PowerEdge R520
- On-Board Broadcom 5720 Dual Port 1GBE
- 2x Intel Xeon E5-2407 2.20GHz, 10M Cache, 6.4GT/s QPI, No Turbo, 4C, 80W
- 4x 4GB RDIMM, 1600 MHz, Standard Volt, Dual Rank, x8
- 8x 300GB 15K RPM SAS 6Gbps 3.5in Hot-plug Hard Drive
- PERC H710P Integrated RAID Controller, 1GB NV Cache
- RAID 10
- Dual, Hot-plug, Redundant Power Supply (1+1), 750W
I have absolutely no idea if the hardware above will be able to handle 400 Zimbra users (NE/Professional). So, out of sheer desperation, I figured I would ask the Zimbra community.