Hi,

While upgrading from zimbra 7.0.2 to beta 8 (lab enviroment) I saw a new thing for me that is the VMware HA option in zimbra installation. I installed it and activated it in one of the 3 servers (proxy) and now it shows with a green checkmark in the admin console.

With the other 2 servers (mailboxes and ldap, etc) I tried to enable that service thru command line:

1) Checked that the service was installed
zmprov gs server_name | grep zimbraServiceInstalled
zimbraServiceInstalled: antivirus
zimbraServiceInstalled: antispam
zimbraServiceInstalled: archiving
zimbraServiceInstalled: logger
zimbraServiceInstalled: mailbox
zimbraServiceInstalled: memcached
zimbraServiceInstalled: mta
zimbraServiceInstalled: convertd
zimbraServiceInstalled: stats
zimbraServiceInstalled: vmware-ha
zimbraServiceInstalled: proxy
zimbraServiceInstalled: snmp
zimbraServiceInstalled: ldap
zimbraServiceInstalled: spell

2) Tried to enable the service
zmprov gs server_name +zimbraServiceEnabled vmware-ha

So, now it shows properly in the admin console but with a red cross.

3) Checked /var/log/zimbra.log with a "grep" in "vmware". The result is over and over this message
Aug 22 09:34:35 mail-3 zmconfigd[11693]: Command not defined for vmware-ha
Aug 22 09:34:45 mail-2 zmconfigd[23347]: service vmware-ha was enabled need to start
Aug 22 09:34:45 mail-2 zmconfigd[23347]: Sleeping...Configuration inconsistency detected (u'vmware-ha')
Aug 22 09:35:30 mail-1 zmconfigd[22366]: service vmware-ha was enabled need to start
Aug 22 09:35:30 mail-1 zmconfigd[22366]: Sleeping...Configuration inconsistency detected (u'vmware-ha')
Aug 22 09:35:36 mail-3 zmconfigd[11693]: Command not defined for vmware-ha
Aug 22 09:35:46 mail-2 zmconfigd[23347]: service vmware-ha was enabled need to start

Have no idea what could it be...I'm actually quite new with Zimbra so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!!!
elgreco81

PD: By the way, I read in the Admin guide from version 8 of Zimbra that this service enables application heartbeats for vmware failover. I thought that it was already accomplished by using VMware tools which I use in all my servers...was I wrong or with the use of this zimbra functionality vmware tools are no longer required for HA when the service crashes?