Thread: Turnkey install browser timeout issue

CNSJBell is offline Starter Member

Default Turnkey install browser timeout issue

I have been trying now for a while (measured in days/weeks) to get a sample of Zimbra installed so we can test it enough to decide for certain that it is the route we want to take. So far I have attempted the trial version, a manual install to VM of CentOS6 or Ubuntu 10.04, a dual-boot to CentOS or Ubuntu, and the turnkey installation. I have had different problems each step of the way. The part we haven't been able to test fully is the admin console.

If we do decide to go this route, we will be running a VM in Solaris. The one option I have gone the farthest with is the turnkey solution. I am able to get the VM to the point that it tells me the IP address(s) to access the server, but when I try to the browser times out for all of the options it gives. I assume that it doesn't come prepackaged with a firewall that gets in the way, and I tried turning the firewall on the machine the VM was running on off. I've looked around to find a solution, but if other people are having this issue, I'm not finding their discussions.

If you have any insight into how to deal with this issue, or know of documentation I need to read, by all means please do share. It would be most appreciated.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CNSJBell View Post
    If you have any insight into how to deal with this issue, or know of documentation I need to read, by all means please do share.
    There is no problem installing ZCS on any of the supported platforms in a VM, I've done it many times in VMware Workstation and on an ESXi server without problems. Which 'tyurnkey installation' are you talking about? Have you read the installation notes on the Documentation page? Does ZCS install correctly? Which Virtualisation platform are you using? Do you have valid DNS A & MX records for the server?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

CNSJBell is offline Starter Member

phoenix,

Thank you for your swift response. Yes, I have read through the documentation that you gave me a link to, along with other additional articles. I got my turnkey installation from http://www.turnkeylinux.org/zimbra. I don't know that I have a DNS A or MX record on my development machine for testing. I'm fairly certain that if we decide to go with Zimbra that will be available on our production servers.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CNSJBell View Post
    phoenix,

Thank you for your swift response. Yes, I have read through the documentation that you gave me a link to, along with other additional articles. I got my turnkey installation from http://www.turnkeylinux.org/zimbra. I don't know that I have a DNS A or MX record on my development machine for testing. I'm fairly certain that if we decide to go with Zimbra that will be available on our production servers.
    You need valid A & MX DNS records for your server, read the Split DNS article and configure them and the hosts file also needs to be correct. You can check the configuration by running all the commands in the 'Verify....' section of that article.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information