Thread: Port and Password Problems

dennosius is offline Starter Member

Default Port and Password Problems

Hi!

I tried to install Zimbra and these forums were really helpful for many problems that occured (SSL certificate paths, file permissions, JRE symlink, LDAP 256 error...).

But now I am stuck with 2 problems:

I can remotely reach the web login at port 80.

But:

1. I can't log in at the web interface. I entered admin@[myconfigureddomain] and the password I set during setup. I also tried just "admin", also both without any password. I double-checked the password and the domain name and I am sure that Caps Lock was disabled when I entered the password

2. The web login is at port 80. That is not the port I configured, I need the standard http(s) ports for other purposes. I terminated my "normal" web server before installing Zimbra, so there was no conflict, but I entered port numbers 2000 and 2001 for web access (http and https respectively) during setup and set the operation mode to "both" (what is actually the difference between "both" and "mixed"?). But Zimbra's web interface is running at ports 80 and 443 and not at ports 2000 and 2001.

What am I doing wrong?

"Suspicious" parts of the zmsetup logfile are:

*** Running as zimbra user: zmlocalconfig -u trial_expiration_date

Error: key trial_expiration_date is not set
    Notification skipped

Starting servers...
    *** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcontrol start

Host endermology.de
    Starting logger...Done.
    Starting mailbox...Done.
    Starting antispam...Done.
    Starting antivirus...Done.
    Starting snmp...Done.
    Starting spell...Done.
    Starting mta...FAILED
    /opt/zimbra/postfix-2.2.9/sbin/postalias: error while loading shared libraries: libldap-2.3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
    or directory
    /opt/zimbra/postfix-2.2.9/sbin/postfix: error while loading shared libraries: libldap-2.3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file o
    r directory
    postfix failed to start
    libldap libraries should be available, as I have OpenLDAP installed. Or am I wrong with this?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

If you also have openldap running then you'll have problems with Zimbra unless you changed the port from 389 during install, did you?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

/opt/zimbra/postfix-2.2.9/sbin/postalias: error while loading shared libraries: libldap-2.3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
    or directory
    thats not a good sign. what platform are you running? it's unusual to see this with zimbra. make sure /opt/zimbra/openldap/lib is in your /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig. do 'ldconfig -v |grep libldap' to make sure it registers.

dennosius is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by dijichi2
    make sure /opt/zimbra/openldap/lib is in your /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig. do 'ldconfig -v |grep libldap' to make sure it registers.
    Great, thanks, this seems to solve this problem.

I have all services running now. I can remotely reach the web login (but still on port 80) and I can telnet all relevant mail ports (SMTP (Postfix), POP3 (Zimbra), IMAP (Zimbra)).

But still, the web interface is on port 80 where it should not be and I can't login with the password I configured.

Can I manually edit Zimbra's httpd.conf? And can I manually edit the user table and set a password?

Edit: Okay, I completely reinstalled and I can log in now at the web interface aswell as the admin console. But I still found no way to change to ports for the web interface to keep Zimbra away from ports 80 and 443.
    Last edited by dennosius; 11-21-2006 at 03:34 PM.

Thread Information