Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Absolute Newbie Questions

  1. #1
    parambyte is offline Starter Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Absolute Newbie Questions

    Hello!

    I am an absolute newbie to Zimbra and a non-coder. I had a couple of questions, which I thought I would ask the community:

    1) I love the feature set of Zimbra Open Source Edition. I run a very small online blog with 4-5 collaborative workers. Can I install zimbra on my server (its, as of now, shared Linux server)?

    2) For a non-techie, is it very complicated to run and administer?

    3) Is it advisable for a small team like mine? I would like to use the email, calendar and collaboration features...

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,470
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parambyte View Post
    I am an absolute newbie to Zimbra and a non-coder. I had a couple of questions, which I thought I would ask the community:
    It would help if, in future, you gave your post a more meaningful title. Other forum members can then decide if it's something they can answer or in the case of your current title, ignore.

    Quote Originally Posted by parambyte View Post
    1) I love the feature set of Zimbra Open Source Edition. I run a very small online blog with 4-5 collaborative workers. Can I install zimbra on my server (its, as of now, shared Linux server)?
    Yes but that would depend on the linux version and what you mean by 'shared linux server'.

    Quote Originally Posted by parambyte View Post
    2) For a non-techie, is it very complicated to run and administer?
    No but you will need to learn about how to install and administer Zimbra.

    Quote Originally Posted by parambyte View Post
    3) Is it advisable for a small team like mine? I would like to use the email, calendar and collaboration features...
    Many people that use Zimbra have small deployments for a few users.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    parambyte is offline Starter Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    thanks! will this it a shot!

    sorry about the thread subject

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Few questions from newbie
    By adnank in forum Installation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 05:42 AM
  2. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 03-27-2011, 11:49 AM
  3. Zimbra Mobile Newbie questions
    By dazi01 in forum Zimbra Mobile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 12:29 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2006, 07:47 PM
  5. Commercial CA questions
    By cdyer in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2006, 03:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •