Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZCS on Synology DS x86

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by moxli View Post
    Anyone!! Who knows, or have already succeed in ZCS installing on Synology Intel platform?
    In these forums, not very likely. Even for a home mail server you should be attempting to run a 'professional' system not a home NAS converted to run Zimbra. Do you even know if it can run one of the supported distributions? If it can't do that then you're onto a loser from the start.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

moxli is offline Junior Member

Hey! It's good idea! So simple, that I didn't even think about it.. I will try and letit know for other guys coming in here

Non of any OS packages worked for me.. Though I ain't gonna loose hope.. and my question is still opened:

ANYONE! Please! If you gonna do or have already proceed ZCS installation on Synology Intel Atom platform, please let me know.

I guess you would help to many people like me, since a lot of my acquaintances want Zimbra to be install on their Synology DS so badly ..

Non of any OS packages worked for me.. Though I ain't gonna loose hope.. and my question is still opened:
    The answer is still the same, it is not built for that platform and the likelihood of it working is most likely less than zero. If you're waiting for others to answer your question about whether it will work then I think you'll be waiting a long time.

I'll say it again, if you want a reliable and stable platform then install it on a supported platform on a suitable piece of hardware. Let's suppose you manage to get it installed, because it's on an unsupported platform then you will be unable to file bug reports or get specific fixes for the operating system and you'll be on your own as far as getting support in these forums. Your hardware is at the bottom end of the specification and is most likely going to cause you problems, the fact you can't install any of the supported distributions on this hardware ought to tell you something - i.e. it's going to be a problem.
    Regards

Bill

Well..hm.. too bad.

I just wounder why the f..ck Synology got stick VMWareReady on DS1511+ for example: Synology Network Attached Storage - Products :: DiskStation DS1511+..

Although Synology VMWare Ready is ready for VMWare, it looks like not all of VMWare is ready for Synology

Although Synology VMWare Ready is ready for VMWare, it looks like not all of VMWare is ready for Synology
    That's a nonsense statement, you're talking about installing a mail server on a NAS device - not sensible and not practical. Your device will work perfectly well as an iSCSI target (which is where it's use in VMware arises) but it's no use for Zimbra - you need to get your facts straight before commenting on the suitability of a product for your environment. Zimbra is a professional software package for enterprise installations - it's built for specific platforms not for installation on a 'home' NAS device. The requirements for Zimbra installations are fully stated in the Documentation, the forums and the wiki.
    Regards

Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information