Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: ZCS+RHEL 6 Cluster

  1. #1
    riyazna is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    4

    Default ZCS+RHEL 6 Cluster

    Hi,
    I am newbie to Zimbra. I want to install ZCS into a RHEL 6 cluster. I found a documentation that tells ZCS installation to a cluster of RHEL 5.3. I would like to know that is it possible to install ZCS on RHEL 6 Cluster; If anybody has done that please give me the tips...

  2. #2
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,568
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riyazna View Post
    Hi,
    I am newbie to Zimbra. I want to install ZCS into a RHEL 6 cluster. I found a documentation that tells ZCS installation to a cluster of RHEL 5.3. I would like to know that is it possible to install ZCS on RHEL 6 Cluster; If anybody has done that please give me the tips...
    Support for RHCS is a Network Edition feature, do you actually have the Network Edition of Zimbra?
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    cadinor is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sabadell
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Zimbra in RHEL 6 is in Beta version:

    Network Edition Downloads: Enterprise Messaging and Collaboration Software by Zimbra

    really want to install Zimbra in a Beta version ?
    Departamento ISP
    http://www.cadinor.com
    Barcelona (Spain)

  4. #4
    riyazna is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Support for RHCS is a Network Edition feature, do you actually have the Network Edition of Zimbra?

    Phoenix, is there no way to install ZCS open source edition in RHEL 6 cluster as a normal application cluster.

    eg:- like we are installing Webserver.

  5. #5
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,568
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riyazna View Post
    Phoenix, is there no way to install ZCS open source edition in RHEL 6 cluster as a normal application cluster.
    That's not a supported platform but you're welcome to try and install it.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  6. #6
    Klug's Avatar
    Klug is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Beaucaire, France
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    With OSE, you'll be missing all the specific scripts/addons that are provided by Zimbra (for NE) and that allows to setup the RHCS in a correct way.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ZCS 6.11 RHEL 5 x32 -> ZCS 6.11 RHEL 5 x64 -> ZCS 7 -> ZCS 7.0.1
    By jdeproost in forum Zimbra Success Stories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2011, 04:58 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 04:04 PM
  3. Trouble Sending mail - All Messages deferred!
    By SiteDiscovery in forum Administrators
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 04:52 AM
  4. zcs Red Cat cluster (4) installation problem
    By alessio in forum Installation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 08:18 AM
  5. ZCS 3.2 Beta Available
    By KevinH in forum Announcements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 03:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •