Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: HELIX 7.1.1 ported to FreeBSD

  1. #1
    solko is offline OpenSource Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bratislava, Slovakia
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    6

    Default HELIX 7.1.1 ported to FreeBSD

    Zimbra on FreeBSD - Zimbra :: Wiki

    now that's more than 2 years of Zimbra on FreeBSD! keeping the patch in the main tree would be way less work since it does not break anything .

    this thread is dedicated to HELIX, please, use this thread for GNR.

    please, make this sticky as well.


    [zimbra@zimbra-src-amd64 ~]$ zmcontrol -v
    Release 7.1.1_GA_3205.FreeBSD_amd64 FreeBSD_amd64 FOSS edition.
    Last edited by solko; 06-13-2011 at 05:09 AM. Reason: zmcontrol -v output

  2. #2
    ralenekov is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Hello,

    I tried to perform update from 6.0.5 directly to the latest 7.1.1 version. After several unsuccessful tries I left it with 6.0.13.

    The 7.1.1 version just failed to start mailboxd service and that's all. All other services seemed to run fine.

    The zmmailboxd.out was like that:
    PHP Code:
    Total time for which application threads were stopped0.0002320 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0011620 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000500 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000500 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000480 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000880 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000550 seconds
    log4j
    :WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'LOGFILE'
    log4j:WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'SYNCTRACE'
    log4j:WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'WBXML'
    log4j:WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'SYNC'
    log4j:WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'SYNCSTATE'
    log4j:WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'MILTER'
    log4j:WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'AUDIT'
    log4j:ERROR No output stream or file set for the appender named [LOGFILE].
    Total time for which application threads were stopped0.0002360 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0002410 seconds
    6.184
    : [GC 6.184: [ParNew1258368K->29515K(1415616K), 0.0532600 secs1258368K->29515K(6134208K), 0.0535680 secs] [Timesuser=0.09 sys=0.03real=0.05 secs]
    Total time for which application threads were stopped0.0540500 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0013180 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0001650 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0001770 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0002510 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0011970 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0001370 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0001840 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0001720 seconds

    ...

    Total time for which application threads were stopped0.0001230 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000440 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000440 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000520 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000390 seconds
    Heap
     par 
    new generation   total 1415616Kused 221598K [0x00000008050000000x00000008650000000x0000000865000000)
      
    eden space 1258368K,  15used [0x00000008050000000x0000000810b94cf00x0000000851ce0000)
      
    from space 157248K,  18used [0x000000085b6700000x000000085d342db80x0000000865000000)
      
    to   space 157248K,   0used [0x0000000851ce00000x0000000851ce00000x000000085b670000)
     
    concurrent mark-sweep generation total 4718592Kused 0K [0x00000008650000000x00000009850000000x0000000985000000)
     
    concurrent-mark-sweep perm gen total 131072Kused 42984K [0x00000009850000000x000000098d0000000x000000098d000000)
    CompilerOracleexclude com/zimbra/cs/session/SessionMap.putAndPrune
    CompilerOracle
    exclude com/zimbra/cs/mailbox/MailItem.delete
    CompilerOracle
    exclude org/apache/xerces/impl/XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch
    0    INFO  
    [mainlog Logging to org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerAdapter(org.mortbay.logvia org.mortbay.log.Slf4jLog
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000690 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000750 seconds
    Zimbra server reserving server socket port
    =110 bindaddr=null ssl=false
    Zimbra server reserving server socket port
    =995 bindaddr=null ssl=true
    Zimbra server reserving server socket port
    =143 bindaddr=null ssl=false
    Zimbra server reserving server socket port
    =993 bindaddr=null ssl=true
    Zimbra server reserving server socket port
    =7025 bindaddr=null ssl=false
    JettyMonitor monitoring thread pool org
    .mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool@3747c1db
    595  INFO  
    [mainlog Setting umask=027
    596  INFO  
    [mainlog Current rlimit_nofiles (soft=14745hard=14745)
    596  INFO  [mainlog Set rlimit_nofiles (soft=14745hard=14745)
    596  INFO  [mainlog Setting GID=1002
    596  INFO  
    [mainlog Setting UID=1002
    596  INFO  
    [mainlog jetty-6.1.22.z6
    690  INFO  
    [mainlog No Transaction manager found - if your webapp requires oneplease configure one.
    ### Excluding compile: org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher::dispatch
    Zimbra server process is running as uid=1002 euid=1002 gid=1002 egid=1002
    log4j
    :WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'LOGFILE'
    log4j:WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'SYNCTRACE'
    log4j:WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'WBXML'
    log4j:WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'SYNC'
    log4j:WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'SYNCSTATE' 
    The OS:
    PHP Code:
    FreeBSD mail.server.com 8.0-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p2 #0: Sun Apr 18 01:52:44 EEST 2010     root@mail.server.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ULE_PF  amd64 
    Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

  3. #3
    noan is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Do you experience frequent exit of slap and freshclam service?

    Although on freshclam case doing nothing on zimbra server but a failed on slapd brought mail server down and must be restarted.

    I increased the log level to 256 but no luck finding the cause of the error.

    Code:
    Oct 11 07:21:10 zimbra2 kernel: pid 2689 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 11 09:13:12 zimbra2 kernel: pid 1545 (slapd), uid 1002: exited on signal 6
    Oct 11 09:14:59 zimbra2 postfix/master[2359]: warning: process /opt/zimbra/postfix/libexec/trivial-rewrite pid 19536 exit status 1
    Oct 11 09:15:01 zimbra2 postfix/master[2359]: warning: process /opt/zimbra/postfix/libexec/trivial-rewrite pid 19537 exit status 1
    Oct 11 09:16:02 zimbra2 postfix/master[2359]: warning: process /opt/zimbra/postfix/libexec/trivial-rewrite pid 19663 exit status 1
    Oct 11 09:16:21 zimbra2 syslogd: exiting on signal 15
    Oct 11 09:22:21 zimbra2 kernel: pid 2647 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 11 11:22:28 zimbra2 kernel: pid 20832 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 11 13:22:38 zimbra2 kernel: pid 37293 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 11 15:22:45 zimbra2 kernel: pid 54207 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 11 17:22:49 zimbra2 kernel: pid 71220 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 11 19:22:55 zimbra2 kernel: pid 88156 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 11 21:22:58 zimbra2 kernel: pid 5063 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 11 23:24:49 zimbra2 kernel: pid 11795 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 12 01:25:44 zimbra2 kernel: pid 12735 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 12 03:25:47 zimbra2 kernel: pid 21283 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 12 05:25:57 zimbra2 kernel: pid 38066 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 12 07:26:01 zimbra2 kernel: pid 54933 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 12 09:26:05 zimbra2 kernel: pid 71524 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 12 11:26:08 zimbra2 kernel: pid 88617 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Code:
    [zimbra@zimbra2 ~]$ zmcontrol -v
    Release 7.1.1_GA_3205.FreeBSD_amd64 FreeBSD_amd64 FOSS edition

  4. #4
    solko is offline OpenSource Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bratislava, Slovakia
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    noan,
    have you checked the freshclam coredump for the crash reason?

    as for slapd, it randomly crashes few times a year without giving a slightest hint (on 6.x and 7.x).

    Quote Originally Posted by noan View Post
    Do you experience frequent exit of slap and freshclam service?

    Although on freshclam case doing nothing on zimbra server but a failed on slapd brought mail server down and must be restarted.

    I increased the log level to 256 but no luck finding the cause of the error.

    Code:
    Oct 11 07:21:10 zimbra2 kernel: pid 2689 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 11 09:13:12 zimbra2 kernel: pid 1545 (slapd), uid 1002: exited on signal 6
    Oct 11 09:14:59 zimbra2 postfix/master[2359]: warning: process /opt/zimbra/postfix/libexec/trivial-rewrite pid 19536 exit status 1
    Oct 11 09:15:01 zimbra2 postfix/master[2359]: warning: process /opt/zimbra/postfix/libexec/trivial-rewrite pid 19537 exit status 1
    Oct 11 09:16:02 zimbra2 postfix/master[2359]: warning: process /opt/zimbra/postfix/libexec/trivial-rewrite pid 19663 exit status 1
    Oct 11 09:16:21 zimbra2 syslogd: exiting on signal 15
    Oct 11 09:22:21 zimbra2 kernel: pid 2647 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 11 11:22:28 zimbra2 kernel: pid 20832 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 11 13:22:38 zimbra2 kernel: pid 37293 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 11 15:22:45 zimbra2 kernel: pid 54207 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 11 17:22:49 zimbra2 kernel: pid 71220 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 11 19:22:55 zimbra2 kernel: pid 88156 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 11 21:22:58 zimbra2 kernel: pid 5063 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 11 23:24:49 zimbra2 kernel: pid 11795 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 12 01:25:44 zimbra2 kernel: pid 12735 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 12 03:25:47 zimbra2 kernel: pid 21283 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 12 05:25:57 zimbra2 kernel: pid 38066 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 12 07:26:01 zimbra2 kernel: pid 54933 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 12 09:26:05 zimbra2 kernel: pid 71524 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Oct 12 11:26:08 zimbra2 kernel: pid 88617 (freshclam), uid 1002: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
    Code:
    [zimbra@zimbra2 ~]$ zmcontrol -v
    Release 7.1.1_GA_3205.FreeBSD_amd64 FreeBSD_amd64 FOSS edition

  5. #5
    solko is offline OpenSource Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bratislava, Slovakia
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    ralenekov,
    i am sorry for the late reply but i haven't received notification about new forum post yet again.

    try upgrading 6.0.13 to 7.1.1. there were some changes in java stuff in the source code starting from 6.0.13 (missing log4j libs etc. so i had to supplement my own). i know that it should not matter which version you are upgrading from but you can always try it.
    thing is, if 7.1.1 works (for me at least) so should the upgraded version.

    Quote Originally Posted by ralenekov View Post
    Hello,

    I tried to perform update from 6.0.5 directly to the latest 7.1.1 version. After several unsuccessful tries I left it with 6.0.13.

    The 7.1.1 version just failed to start mailboxd service and that's all. All other services seemed to run fine.

    The zmmailboxd.out was like that:
    PHP Code:
    Total time for which application threads were stopped0.0002320 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0011620 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000500 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000500 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000480 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000880 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000550 seconds
    log4j
    :WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'LOGFILE'
    log4j:WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'SYNCTRACE'
    log4j:WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'WBXML'
    log4j:WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'SYNC'
    log4j:WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'SYNCSTATE'
    log4j:WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'MILTER'
    log4j:WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'AUDIT'
    log4j:ERROR No output stream or file set for the appender named [LOGFILE].
    Total time for which application threads were stopped0.0002360 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0002410 seconds
    6.184
    : [GC 6.184: [ParNew1258368K->29515K(1415616K), 0.0532600 secs1258368K->29515K(6134208K), 0.0535680 secs] [Timesuser=0.09 sys=0.03real=0.05 secs]
    Total time for which application threads were stopped0.0540500 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0013180 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0001650 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0001770 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0002510 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0011970 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0001370 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0001840 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0001720 seconds

    ...

    Total time for which application threads were stopped0.0001230 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000440 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000440 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000520 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000390 seconds
    Heap
     par 
    new generation   total 1415616Kused 221598K [0x00000008050000000x00000008650000000x0000000865000000)
      
    eden space 1258368K,  15used [0x00000008050000000x0000000810b94cf00x0000000851ce0000)
      
    from space 157248K,  18used [0x000000085b6700000x000000085d342db80x0000000865000000)
      
    to   space 157248K,   0used [0x0000000851ce00000x0000000851ce00000x000000085b670000)
     
    concurrent mark-sweep generation total 4718592Kused 0K [0x00000008650000000x00000009850000000x0000000985000000)
     
    concurrent-mark-sweep perm gen total 131072Kused 42984K [0x00000009850000000x000000098d0000000x000000098d000000)
    CompilerOracleexclude com/zimbra/cs/session/SessionMap.putAndPrune
    CompilerOracle
    exclude com/zimbra/cs/mailbox/MailItem.delete
    CompilerOracle
    exclude org/apache/xerces/impl/XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch
    0    INFO  
    [mainlog Logging to org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerAdapter(org.mortbay.logvia org.mortbay.log.Slf4jLog
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000690 seconds
    Total time 
    for which application threads were stopped0.0000750 seconds
    Zimbra server reserving server socket port
    =110 bindaddr=null ssl=false
    Zimbra server reserving server socket port
    =995 bindaddr=null ssl=true
    Zimbra server reserving server socket port
    =143 bindaddr=null ssl=false
    Zimbra server reserving server socket port
    =993 bindaddr=null ssl=true
    Zimbra server reserving server socket port
    =7025 bindaddr=null ssl=false
    JettyMonitor monitoring thread pool org
    .mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool@3747c1db
    595  INFO  
    [mainlog Setting umask=027
    596  INFO  
    [mainlog Current rlimit_nofiles (soft=14745hard=14745)
    596  INFO  [mainlog Set rlimit_nofiles (soft=14745hard=14745)
    596  INFO  [mainlog Setting GID=1002
    596  INFO  
    [mainlog Setting UID=1002
    596  INFO  
    [mainlog jetty-6.1.22.z6
    690  INFO  
    [mainlog No Transaction manager found - if your webapp requires oneplease configure one.
    ### Excluding compile: org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher::dispatch
    Zimbra server process is running as uid=1002 euid=1002 gid=1002 egid=1002
    log4j
    :WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'LOGFILE'
    log4j:WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'SYNCTRACE'
    log4j:WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'WBXML'
    log4j:WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'SYNC'
    log4j:WARN Failed to set property [rollingPolicyto value "org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy".
    log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'SYNCSTATE' 
    The OS:
    PHP Code:
    FreeBSD mail.server.com 8.0-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p2 #0: Sun Apr 18 01:52:44 EEST 2010     root@mail.server.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ULE_PF  amd64 
    Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

  6. #6
    noan is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by solko View Post
    noan,
    have you checked the freshclam coredump for the crash reason?

    as for slapd, it randomly crashes few times a year without giving a slightest hint (on 6.x and 7.x).
    thanks for your response.

    I am not sure how to access to freshclam coredump. But from freshclam.log, I noticed freshclam were not able to make connection to clamv server, thus failed to load database.

    As for slapd case, apparently crash become less frequent now. It has been running ok for 30 hours. I also disable memcache and proxy since last crash, maybe those are the culprits?

    how about this warning, any hint?
    Code:
    Oct 13 16:36:06 zimbra2 postfix/smtpd[90425]: warning: network_biopair_interop: error reading 5 bytes from the network: Connection reset by peer
    i wish zfs were available for ubuntu

  7. #7
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,485
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noan View Post
    I also disable memcache and proxy since last crash, maybe those are the culprits?
    They should never be install in a single server set-up.

    Quote Originally Posted by noan View Post
    i wish zfs were available for ubuntu
    What difference would that make? You can still run Zimbra on a supported distribution without ZFS.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  8. #8
    noan is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    What difference would that make? You can still run Zimbra on a supported distribution without ZFS.
    I know, in fact our production server is running on ubuntu hardy. But a lot of ZFS features are really interesting.

  9. #9
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,485
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noan View Post
    But a lot of ZFS features are really interesting.
    That's true but 'interesting features' are not necessarily the best thing to have for a reliable production mail server.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  10. #10
    solko is offline OpenSource Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bratislava, Slovakia
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    noan,
    for most parts google/forums are your friends. most problems aren't platform specific .

    you can safely ignore that smtpd warning unless that warning is displayed for every single connection.

    as for zfs.. i remember times when there was no zfs on freebsd and i drooled over lvm. things do change, hm?

    Quote Originally Posted by noan View Post
    thanks for your response.

    I am not sure how to access to freshclam coredump. But from freshclam.log, I noticed freshclam were not able to make connection to clamv server, thus failed to load database.

    As for slapd case, apparently crash become less frequent now. It has been running ok for 30 hours. I also disable memcache and proxy since last crash, maybe those are the culprits?

    how about this warning, any hint?
    Code:
    Oct 13 16:36:06 zimbra2 postfix/smtpd[90425]: warning: network_biopair_interop: error reading 5 bytes from the network: Connection reset by peer
    i wish zfs were available for ubuntu

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FreeBSD Port
    By kyguy80 in forum Developers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-21-2013, 05:59 AM
  2. FreeBSD Patchset for Zimbra released!
    By dwhite in forum Developers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 05:59 AM
  3. FreeBSD
    By reza225 in forum Installation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-26-2006, 03:34 AM
  4. FreeBSD
    By Counsel in forum Installation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2005, 02:20 PM
  5. M2 -> ready for FreeBSD?
    By fak3r in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2005, 02:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •