Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HELIX 7.1.1 ported to FreeBSD

ralenekov is offline Junior Member

The upgrade from 6.0.13 went just fine and the mail server is working perfectly stable for more than a month now.

The only modification that I did was to update clamav to 0.97.3 after the first week of usage.

I have another problem which seems to be known in the 7.x versions of Zimbra: the server has high CPU usage by the java processes. It is stated that this bug is fixed in the patchset for the 7.1.3 version but some people are reporting the same problem even after applying the patchset to 7.1.3.

So I am waiting for an update patch... and the new port

On 6.x there was one java process, and on 7.x there are two, which are terribly slow on "zmcontrol stop". Is this the same problem I just mentioned or there is a known setting for this?

solko is offline OpenSource Builder

Default Helix-714

HELIX-714

please, see the patch notes. this is a major change.

FreeBSD-8 and FreeBSD-9 packages.
    Last edited by solko; 02-28-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Great build as always. Thank you very much!

The upgrade from 7.1.1 to 7.1.4 went smoothly.

[zimbra@mail ~]$ zmcontrol -v
    Release 7.1.4_GA_2565.FreeBSD_amd64 FreeBSD_amd64 FOSS edition.
    [zimbra@mail ~]$

But I came across two strange "bugs":

The first one is that the function "View mail" in the admin GUI is kind of broken. It always redirects to port 80 (https://mail.server.com:80). It appends :80 to the address every time. If you delete the ":80" stuff in the browser - the user mail opens fine, so I think it's not a problem with the auth tokens or something.

I set this (followed by several zmcontrol restarts) but it makes no difference:
    [zimbra@mail ~]$ zmprov gd 'server.com' | grep Public
    zimbraPublicServiceHostname: mail.server.com
    zimbraPublicServicePort: 443
    zimbraPublicServiceProtocol: https
    [zimbra@mail ~]$

zmtlsctl mixed/redirect don't seem to make a difference either...
    It seems like it is hardcoded somewhere...

The second on is that the web server statistics show that every service is down (red cross). Everywhere in the system is reported that all zimbra services are up, including in the log files. I tried /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsyslogsetup and my syslogd.conf is ok but it didn't help... My cron entry is scheduled for every 10 min. Do I have to use rsyslogd in order for these stats to work?

Quote Originally Posted by ralenekov View Post
    Great build as always. Thank you very much!

The upgrade from 7.1.1 to 7.1.4 went smoothly.

[zimbra@mail ~]$ zmcontrol -v
    Release 7.1.4_GA_2565.FreeBSD_amd64 FreeBSD_amd64 FOSS edition.
    [zimbra@mail ~]$

But I came across two strange "bugs":

The first one is that the function "View mail" in the admin GUI is kind of broken. It always redirects to port 80 (https://mail.server.com:80). It appends :80 to the address every time. If you delete the ":80" stuff in the browser - the user mail opens fine, so I think it's not a problem with the auth tokens or something.

I set this (followed by several zmcontrol restarts) but it makes no difference:
    [zimbra@mail ~]$ zmprov gd 'server.com' | grep Public
    zimbraPublicServiceHostname: mail.server.com
    zimbraPublicServicePort: 443
    zimbraPublicServiceProtocol: https
    [zimbra@mail ~]$

zmtlsctl mixed/redirect don't seem to make a difference either...
    It seems like it is hardcoded somewhere...

The second on is that the web server statistics show that every service is down (red cross). Everywhere in the system is reported that all zimbra services are up, including in the log files. I tried /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsyslogsetup and my syslogd.conf is ok but it didn't help... My cron entry is scheduled for every 10 min. Do I have to use rsyslogd in order for these stats to work?
    sadly, no idea about the first but might be related to the upgrade 7.1.1 -> 7.1.4. i don't think that fresh installation was doing this but i will check.

as for the second, it might be (probably is) related to swatch. could you please delete swatch package from base system? might not do a thing but worth a try.
    also, please verify that all services are running via 'zmcontrol status', i think there was some startup issue with zmlogstats.

Some info considering the zmlogger problem:

I checked with or without the swatch package - no difference.

Code:
    [zimbra@mail ~/log]$ tail /var/log/zimbra-stats.log
    Jun  4 12:40:07 mail zimbramon[72908]: 72908:info: 2012-06-04 12:40:01, STATUS: mail.server.com: antispam: Running
    Jun  4 12:40:07 mail zimbramon[72908]: 72908:info: 2012-06-04 12:40:01, STATUS: mail.server.com: antivirus: Running
    Jun  4 12:40:07 mail zimbramon[72908]: 72908:info: 2012-06-04 12:40:01, STATUS: mail.server.com: ldap: Running
    Jun  4 12:40:07 mail zimbramon[72908]: 72908:info: 2012-06-04 12:40:01, STATUS: mail.server.com: logger: Running
    Jun  4 12:40:07 mail zimbramon[72908]: 72908:info: 2012-06-04 12:40:01, STATUS: mail.server.com: mailbox: Running
    Jun  4 12:40:07 mail zimbramon[72908]: 72908:info: 2012-06-04 12:40:01, STATUS: mail.server.com: mta: Running
    Jun  4 12:40:07 mail zimbramon[72908]: 72908:info: 2012-06-04 12:40:01, STATUS: mail.server.com: snmp: Running
    Jun  4 12:40:07 mail zimbramon[72908]: 72908:info: 2012-06-04 12:40:01, STATUS: mail.server.com: spell: Running
    Jun  4 12:40:07 mail zimbramon[72908]: 72908:info: 2012-06-04 12:40:01, STATUS: mail.server.com: stats: Running
    Jun  4 12:40:07 mail zimbramon[72908]: 72908:info: 2012-06-04 12:40:01, STATUS: mail.server.com: zmconfigd: Running
    [zimbra@mail ~/log]$
    Code:
    [root@mail /opt/zimbra]# cat /opt/zimbra/log/zmlogswatch.out
    zmrrdfetch server pid: 72858
    bind: Address already in use at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmlogger line 471.
    Schema version not found, upgrading to version 4 at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmlogger line 412.
    Use of uninitialized value $hostid in exists at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmlogger line 128, <> line 1.
    Use of uninitialized value $hostid in hash element at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmlogger line 128, <> line 1.
    Use of uninitialized value $hostid in hash element at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmlogger line 129, <> line 1.
    Use of uninitialized value $hostid in hash element at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmlogger line 141, <> line 1.
    Use of uninitialized value $hostid in hash element at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmlogger line 142, <> line 1.
    Use of uninitialized value $hostid in exists at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmlogger line 240, <> line 1.
    Use of uninitialized value $hostid in hash element at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmlogger line 240, <> line 1.
    19 at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmlogger line 265, <> line 1.
    Issuing rollback() due to DESTROY without explicit disconnect() of DBD::SQLite::db handle dbname=/opt/zimbra/logger/db/data/logger.sqlitedb at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmlogger line 265, <> line 1.
    [root@mail /opt/zimbra]#
    Code:
    [zimbra@mail ~]$ zmcontrol status
    Host mail.server.com
            antispam                Running
            antivirus               Running
            ldap                    Running
            logger                  Stopped
                    zmlogswatchctl is not running
            mailbox                 Running
            mta                     Running
            snmp                    Running
            spell                   Running
            stats                   Running
            zmconfigd               Running
    [zimbra@mail ~]$
    Code:
    [zimbra@mail ~]$ /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmrrdfetch -f zmmtastats
    Can't call method "bind_param" on an undefined value at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmrrdfetch line 62.
    [zimbra@mail ~]$ /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmrrdfetch -c -f zmmtastats
    Can't call method "bind_param" on an undefined value at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmrrdfetch line 62.
    I googled some solutions but nothing helped...

Some info considering the zmlogger problem:
    I googled some solutions but nothing helped...
    in that case i fear that it is a direct result of changes i had to incorporate and that the upgrade procedure is somehow unable to cope with it.
    perhaps, deleting all the application stuff while leaving data/config intact should do the trick but i am in no position to suggest anything :/. i always create a snapshot before upgrade and do a rollback if anything goes wrong. which is probably not an option for you.

basically, in previous versions some parts of logger were reused from base system. in later versions logger (and almost all other zimbra parts) is no longer dependent on base and all its parts are 'zimbra-as-is' (with some tweaks to run on bsd).

BUT. i think that you should completely delete the stats database, please google it out and/or try:
    [SOLVED] Rebuild logger database (ZCS 6.0.1 NE).
    i vaguely recall i had done that in some point of my life :-).

please, let me know on skype. i am kinda busy atm and this forum approach is slow and unpractical .

Quote Originally Posted by solko View Post
    BUT. i think that you should completely delete the stats database, please google it out and/or try:
    [SOLVED] Rebuild logger database (ZCS 6.0.1 NE).
    i vaguely recall i had done that in some point of my life :-).
    I did that before my previos post. It didn't make a difference.

It seems that this is some kind of bug:
    Admin "View mail" problem

Can I just take the latest patch for 7.1.4:
    http://files2.zimbra.com/downloads/7....4_GA_2568.tgz
    ... and overwrite the jar files? Will it work out or should I wait for you to release 7.1.4 2568 build or newer?

Thanks.

The solution to this problem:
    The first one is that the function "View mail" in the admin GUI is kind of broken. It always redirects to port 80 (https://mail.server.com:80). It appends :80 to the address every time.

1: Updated zimbra to 7.1.4 PL1 (2568)
    [zimbra@mail /root]$ zmcontrol -v
    Release 7.1.4_GA_2565.FreeBSD_amd64 FreeBSD_amd64 FOSS edition, Patch 7.1.4_P1.
    [zimbra@mail /root]$
    It didn't help.

2: I don't know if it is a bug or it just works that way.

I am using "zmtlsctl redirect" but when I checked:
    [zimbra@mail /root]$ zmprov gs `zmhostname` | grep zimbraMailPort
    zimbraMailPort: 80
    [zimbra@mail /root]$
    [zimbra@mail /root]$ zmprov ms mail.chaosgroup.com ZimbraMailPort 443
    [zimbra@mail /root]$ zmprov gs `zmhostname` | grep zimbraMailPort
    [zimbra@mail /root]$ zimbraMailPort: 443
    ... and the "view mail" function works as expected now.

I will report when I come to solution for second "bug".

Default Helix-720

HELIX-720 on FreeBSD - Zimbra :: Wiki

this release follows the same logic as the previous one (therefore HELIX-714 build/install guide applies). if you want to build yourself just fetch the prepared source and builddeps.

i linked.. yet again.. against local libpng. please install png via:
    pkg_add -r png
    else logger won't run properly.

i linked.. yet again.. against local freetype2. please install freetype2 via:
    pkg_add -r freetype2

Last edited by solko; 06-29-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Derzelis is offline Starter Member

Default 7.2.0_GA_2678 patch

Hi Solko ,
    We need to patch and update regurarly the Zimbra releases for FreeBsd.
    Up to now , the method described here Zimbra on FreeBSD - Zimbra :: Wiki worked up to 714 with minor tweakings (jail settings).
    We are confused by 720 approach. Our uole is understanding is that the patch has been merged into the sourcecode , and the whole is available for downlaoding.
    This is great for people willing to install , but not good for people willing to compile the code .
    Would it be possible to put the patch for 720 just as it was the case for previous versions (separate from zimbra source code) ?
    Like this , more people could contribute if needed.

Some remarks concerning 7.2.0_GA_2678 :
    - on freebsd9-current , nginx fail to compile
    - if we install the precompiled version several perl packages are still needed postinstall (mainly for amavis ) p5-Convert-UUlib , p5-HTML-Parser , p5-NetAddr-IP , p5-Crypt-OpenSSL-RSA , p5-IO-Compress , p5-Unix-Syslog

Quote Originally Posted by solko View Post
    HELIX-720 on FreeBSD - Zimbra :: Wiki

this release follows the same logic as the previous one (therefore HELIX-714 build/install guide applies). if you want to build yourself just fetch the prepared source and builddeps.

i linked.. yet again.. against local libpng. please install png via:
    pkg_add -r png

i linked.. yet again.. against local freetype2. please install freetype2 via:ura
    pkg_add -r freetype2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information