Thread: Unable to load dynamic library

Smooth is offline Junior Member

Default Unable to load dynamic library

Hi Guys,

Need help with php error!

I have installed ZCS Open Source Edition with success but received php error trying to install oscommerce catalog and phpmyadmin : PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/extensions/mysql.so' - libmysqlclient.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0.
    PHP Warning: Unknown(): Invalid library (maybe not a PHP library) 'libmysqlclient.so' in Unknown on line 0

I have tried possible solutions like copying both files to my extention dir and uncommenting the directives in php.ini but no success so far. I have read somewhere that I might have to recompile php but I have no idea how this will affect my zimbra and it's already running services.

My phpinfo() is pointing to /opt/zimbra/php-5.0.5/lib/php.ini for my php.ini PATH while my php.ini was actually in /etc/php.ini. I have tried copying php.ini to /opt/zimbra/php-5.0.5/lib/ as indicated by phpinfo() but it doest work.

What do I need to do to sort this out guys? Please help!

KevinH is offline Expert Member

Install your own PHP/Apache. The Zimbra one is not meant to be used outside of Zimbra.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Default Unable to load dynamic library

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    Install your own PHP/Apache. The Zimbra one is not meant to be used outside of Zimbra.

Thanks for your reply.

Actually 'am a little confused about "install your own PHP/Apache" as I thought that zimbra-apache packaged it's own php to work with zcs (zcs is the only server installed on the machine). I installed suse linux with it's php package which means that I should by right have two php running. Is this what you mean?

I have three php.ini listed on the server:
    /etc/php.ini
    /opt/zimbra/conf/php.ini
    /opt/zimbra/php-5.0.5/lib/php.ini ( I created this dir and then dumped a php.ini copy there - because my phpinfo() pointed there as the configuration file path for php.ini)

phpinfo() shows the following:

Configure Command
    './configure' '--prefix=/opt/zimbra/php-5.0.5' '--with-apxs2=/opt/zimbra/httpd-2.0.54/bin/apxs' '--with-config-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/php.ini' '--with-pspell=/opt/zimbra/aspell-0.60.3'

Configuration File (php.ini) Path
    /opt/zimbra/php-5.0.5/lib/php.ini

And these are the errors thrown at me when I installed phpmyadmin and oscommerce:
    Error showed by phpmyadmin:
    Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation

Errror showed by oscommerce - catalog:
    Warning: main(includes/configure.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/zimbra/httpd-2.0.54/htdocs/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 33 (looks like a permission related error but I reckon it has to do with mysql connection)

I was able to connect to mysql via the konsole and create databases.
    Running php -1 also listed no error.

Do I still need to install another instance of php and if not what do need to do?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    Sorry, but this is not clear to me. Do you mean I should install another php and apache to run alongside zimbra or install another instant of php for zimbra's tomcat-apache?

Thanks

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Where are you trying to install these:
    oscommerce catalog and phpmyadmin
    If you're trying to install them on the Zimbra Apache then don't, you'll need to install another instance of apache/php for your own use and it will have to run on a port other than 80 as Zimbra will use that (unless you've changed it). Do not modify any of the files in /opt/zimbra.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information