Thread: Hadoop multinode cluster installation

sandyHadoop is offline Starter Member

Question Hadoop multinode cluster installation

Hello everyone.
    I have facing a problem on installation of hadoop multinode cluster. I have installed single node cluster in 2 machines and configured the conf folder of both machines. i have taken one as master machine and another as slave. When i execute start-all.sh on master machine all the parameters are enabled properly on master but didnt enable on slave. When i execute start-all.sh on master iam getting eror that cannot copy log files into slave.

The error is as below,

hadoop@user-G41M-Combo:/usr/local/hadoop/hadoop$ bin/start-all.sh
    namenode running as process 25724. Stop it first.
    slave: mv: cannot move `/usr/local/hadoop/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-hadoop-datanode-user-HP-dx2480-MT-NA125PA.out' to `/usr/local/hadoop/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-hadoop-datanode-user-HP-dx2480-MT-NA125PA.out.1': Permission denied
    slave: starting datanode, logging to /usr/local/hadoop/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-hadoop-datanode-user-HP-dx2480-MT-NA125PA.out
    master: starting datanode, logging to /usr/local/hadoop/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-hadoop-datanode-user-G41M-Combo.out
    slave: log4j:ERROR Failed to rename [/usr/local/hadoop/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-hadoop-datanode-user-HP-dx2480-MT-NA125PA.log] to [/usr/local/hadoop/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-hadoop-datanode-user-HP-dx2480-MT-NA125PA.log.2011-04-11].
    master: starting secondarynamenode, logging to /usr/local/hadoop/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-hadoop-secondarynamenode-user-G41M-Combo.out
    jobtracker running as process 27006. Stop it first.
    slave: mv: cannot move `/usr/local/hadoop/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-hadoop-tasktracker-user-HP-dx2480-MT-NA125PA.out' to `/usr/local/hadoop/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-hadoop-tasktracker-user-HP-dx2480-MT-NA125PA.out.1': Permission denied
    slave: starting tasktracker, logging to /usr/local/hadoop/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-hadoop-tasktracker-user-HP-dx2480-MT-NA125PA.out
    master: starting tasktracker, logging to /usr/local/hadoop/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-hadoop-tasktracker-user-G41M-Combo.out
    slave: log4j:ERROR Failed to rename [/usr/local/hadoop/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-hadoop-tasktracker-user-HP-dx2480-MT-NA125PA.log] to [/usr/local/hadoop/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-hadoop-tasktracker-user-HP-dx2480-MT-NA125PA.log.2011-04-11].

Could you please help me solve this problem.

Thank you.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sandyHadoop View Post
    Could you please help me solve this problem.
    These support forums are for Zimbra Collaboration Server, what does your question have to do with that? Have you tried the support forums for the product you're trying to install?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information