Had ZCS-6.08 up and running. The zimbra directory was deleted. I am trying to recover from an older backup. I am running into problem after problem. I am out of my league on this and I'm willing to pay for help we need this up and running asap.
We had to install the matching version 6.08 ( I kept trying 6.12 )
Then copied over that from the backup. ( we tried 3 different backups before one that worked )
next step was to fix the permissions zmfixperms.
Last step was to fix/replace the certs
Single-Node Self-Signed Certificate
1. Begin by generating a new Certificate Authority (CA).
zmcertmgr createca -new
2. Then generate a certificate signed by the CA that expires in 365 days.
zmcertmgr createcrt -new -days 365
3. Next deploy the certificate.
zmcertmgr deploycrt self
4. Next deploy the CA.
5. To finish, verify the certificate was deployed to all the services.
restarted and it is working now for the most part. I have a few quirks left to address but basic functionality has been restored.
Thanks again to Raj and thanks to everyone that responded.
Part 2 of the recovery
After all this the mail server was running "ok" but zmcontrol status reported that mailbox and logger were not running even though they were.
I figured out that the mysql root password did not match what zimbra was using so I fixed that and everything reports "A ok". more updates to come.
I will try to upgrade to 7.01 to clean it up further. ( after I backup of course )