Thread: Succesful logins return to logon screen

g8se is offline Intermediate Member

Default Succesful logins return to logon screen

I've setup a test install of zimbra. When I attempt to logon, I end up back at the logon screen. If I mistype the password I get told the username/password is incorrect. But when I do get it correct, firefox submits the page, and spins, then returns to the logon page.

Loging on to the admin interface works.

I'm doing external LDAP authentication, and that works.

I'm running apache on port 80, and proxyforwarding a virtual host to port 81, where zimbra is listening. I see the same behaviour if I point the browser directly at port 81.

I asked on the irc.freenode.net#zimbra, but we didn't come to any conclusions about what was going on.

Zimbra 4.0.2, installed with the debian packages.

bburtin is offline Zimbra Employee

Anything suspicious in either zimbra.log or one of the logs in /opt/zimbra/tomcat/logs?

g8se is offline Intermediate Member

Default further information

There is nothing interesting coming up in the logs. In zimbra.log, nothing, in tomcat logs, only seemingly normal access attempts:

I've now tried it from some other computers and they log in fine. It seems just on my box it doesn't work. It seems I wasn't allowing cookies. I've created bug 11209 to see about getting a message displayed to the user.

Thread Information