Thread: Errors during the install of bes express

bib
    bib is offline Starter Member

Default Errors during the install of bes express

hello
    I try to configure BES Express to connect to Zimbra server

- ZCS Version 6.0.8_GA_2692.UBUNTU8 network edition (trial)
    - Windows 2008 64bits Service Pack 2
    - ZimbraBESConnector-6.5.0_GA_2381_6.5.5391.0
    - Microsoft Outlook 2007 Service Pack 2

- on zimbra sever I create a user besadmin@domain.com and is Global Administrator

- on the windows server I install active directory (dcpromo) I'm loggin with user besadmin@domain.com and create two profiles in outlook:
    BlackBerryServer_MailStoreProfile and BlackBerryServer

And I install BES Express with the only error of MAPI

I access to web administration of BES

error :
    if I add new any user
    The BlackBerry Administration Service cannot find the records you were looking for. Verify the search criteria you specified and try again.

MailStoreExchange::RefreshGALUsingMAPI - error in HrFindExchangeGlobalAddressList, result=0x800004005

I tried to search on the Internet, on the forum and I modified registry key but it still does not work like indicated on different posts

thank you for your help
    and sorry for my english .. I'm french

dgamez is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bib View Post
    hello
    I try to configure BES Express to connect to Zimbra server

- ZCS Version 6.0.8_GA_2692.UBUNTU8 network edition (trial)
    - Windows 2008 64bits Service Pack 2
    - ZimbraBESConnector-6.5.0_GA_2381_6.5.5391.0
    - Microsoft Outlook 2007 Service Pack 2

- on zimbra sever I create a user besadmin@domain.com and is Global Administrator

- on the windows server I install active directory (dcpromo) I'm loggin with user besadmin@domain.com and create two profiles in outlook:
    BlackBerryServer_MailStoreProfile and BlackBerryServer

And I install BES Express with the only error of MAPI

I access to web administration of BES

error :
    if I add new any user
    The BlackBerry Administration Service cannot find the records you were looking for. Verify the search criteria you specified and try again.

MailStoreExchange::RefreshGALUsingMAPI - error in HrFindExchangeGlobalAddressList, result=0x800004005

I tried to search on the Internet, on the forum and I modified registry key but it still does not work like indicated on different posts

thank you for your help
    and sorry for my english .. I'm french
    Hi bib,

I have the same problem, also have read exhaustively the topic on the forums and get no solution.

Unlike your installation, I did't get any error because I previously promoted my Windows Server to be a Domain Controller on a fresh install.

I don't see any "MailStoreExchange::RefreshGALUsingMAPI - error in HrFindExchangeGlobalAddressList, result=0x800004005" either. Where did you get this error? (Logs or BlackBerry Administration Service Web Interface)

I followed the "Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry Enterprise Server Administrator’s Guide ZCB 7.0" with detail and careful, I get no errors during install process, and the problem "The BlackBerry Administration Service cannot find the records you were looking for. Verify the search criteria you specified and try again." persist.

On my mailbox.log, there is activity when "Adding Mail Profiles" (page 15 from the Guide):

[btpool0-71://host.domain.com:7071/service/admin/soap//GetInfoRequest] [name=besadmin@domain.com;mid=132;ip=172.17.17.13;u a=ZimbraConnectorForBES/7.0.0.114;] soap - GetInfoRequest
    [btpool0-71://host.domain.com:7071/service/admin/soap//GetAccountInfoRequest] [name=besadmin@domain.com;mid=132;ip=172.17.17.13;u a=ZimbraConnectorForBES/7.0.0.114;] soap - GetAccountInfoRequest
    [btpool0-71://host.domain.com:7071/service/admin/soap//GetServerRequest] [name=besadmin@domain.com;mid=132;ip=172.17.17.13;u a=ZimbraConnectorForBES/7.0.0.114;] soap - GetServerRequest
    [btpool0-71://host.domain.com/service/soap/CheckLicenseRequest] [name=besadmin@domain.com;mid=132;ip=172.17.17.13;u a=ZimbraConnectorForBES/7.0.0.114;] soap - CheckLicenseRequest
    [btpool0-71://host.domain.com:7071/service/admin/soap//GetInfoRequest] [name=besadmin@domain.com;mid=132;ip=172.17.17.13;u a=ZimbraConnectorForBES/7.0.0.114;] soap - GetInfoRequest

Also when "Starting Services for the first time (Preparing BlackBerry Administration Service for use) immediately before installation ends:

[btpool0-70://host.domain.com/service/soap/CheckLicenseRequest] [name=besadmin@domain.com;mid=132;ip=172.17.17.13;u a=ZimbraConnectorForBES/7.0.0.114;] soap - CheckLicenseRequest
    [btpool0-70://host.domain.com:7071/service/admin/soap//GetInfoRequest] [name=besadmin@domain.com;mid=132;ip=172.17.17.13;u a=ZimbraConnectorForBES/7.0.0.114;] soap - GetInfoRequest
    [btpool0-70://host.domain.com:7071/service/admin/soap//GetAccountInfoRequest] [name=besadmin@domain.com;mid=132;ip=172.17.17.13;u a=ZimbraConnectorForBES/7.0.0.114;] soap - GetAccountInfoRequest

But for instance, there is nothing on mailbox.log when I try to "User > Create a user > Refresh available user list from company directory" from the BlackBerry Administration Service Web Interface.

I ensured there is no firewall blocking anything between Windows and ZCS Servers.

The magic "Once BES is installed and the BlackBerry Controller service is started, BES begins to synchronize the Global Address List (GAL)." never happens :-(

Have you got any advance at all on this issue?

Greetings.
    - dgamez -

Netnovation Vzla, S.A.
    Zimbra VAR

Caracas - Venezuela

bib
    bib is offline Starter Member

Hello

I solved my problem thank's to the help of Nikhil S. of the zimbra team
    who helped me very quikly by connecting himself on my servers with RDP and teamviewer.
    You can ask for help by sending an e-mail to support@zimbra.com explaining your problem.

My problem was I had two domain name, now I only use one
    and I creatd my profiles with a wrong address (admin@serveur.micro84.com), you must use besadmin@yourdomain.com

users you create on the zimbra server are automaticaly created on the bes. user/create a user/search and the list appears.

I can't tell you more because I don't know how to resolv your problem , maybe ask them directly like I did. I do not understand what log files explain I am sorry !

regards
    bib
    Last edited by bib; 03-09-2011 at 09:12 AM.

Thread Information