Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error loading zimbraAdmin FC5 ZCS 4.02

axetek is offline Junior Member

Default Error loading zimbraAdmin FC5 ZCS 4.02

I've searched the forums and don't see anything that has worked for me.

I installed Zimbra 4.01 (zcs-4.0.1_GA_324.FC5.gz) on Fedora Core 5. Everything seemed to work fine (after new MX records propagated across the 'net). But, I have been unable to load the zimbraAdmin page from either the local machine or external (WAN) machines. I have no problem viewing the admin mailbox interface locally and remotely.

When I try to load it locally - https://localhost:7071/zimbraAdmin - I get a "problem loading page - unexpected response from server firefox doens't know how to communicate with the server" in Firefox.

When I try to load it remotely (Win XP Pro SP2 and IE6), I get the SSL alert, then the login page loads and when I login using the "admin@domain.com" user and password, the page goes to the "loading" page and hangs there, obstensibly, forever

Any help would be greatly appreciated - BTW, I upgraded to 4.02 today and the problem remains.

I also installed the Zimbra Network Edition on a client's RHE4 yesterday and that went smooth as silk...

Thanks!
    Last edited by axetek; 09-27-2006 at 03:07 PM.

More...

I always get the "this page contains secure and unsecure items, do you want to display the unsecure items?" alert when I first try to access Zimbra with https. I'm guessing that this is due to absolute URLs (with href=http://) somewhere, but I haven't looked at the source code (except to glance at the source code when I've reloaded the zimbraAdmin "loading *forever*" page and the resulting reload is blank - only showing the zimbra background image - even though the rendered source code seems completely intact.

I also switched the Web Server mode to "mixed" and I am able to access the normal web mail gui using that (with the accompanying "secure/unsecure" items alert).

This has me stumped - I'm sure the SSL cert is correct (it views and installs correctly in IE) and the Tomcat log doesn't show any problems - it says the request for zimbraAdmin components was successful.

I'm also able to send and receive email just fine.

If you have any suggestions, I'd sure like to hear them... It'd be really nice to actually be able to access the admin page

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

First, there's a 4.0.2 GA version of FC5 available and I'd suggest installing that. Does the admin problem occur using FF?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I upgraded to the new zcs 4.02 GA this morning (info is in my first post).

With Firefox on the local machine (latest FF and FC5 updated), I can't get the zimbraAdmin page to load at all (see previous post).

I just installed Firefox on one of my Windows boxes - and that DOES work. I guess this is because of IE's poor handling of so many JS zip files (I seem to recall reading that dev versions of zcs don't package all that stuff in to small gzip files)?

Anyway, sorry I didn't try that the first time...

Any idea why can't I bring this up on the local machine?

Thanks!

Sorry, missed the bit about upgrade.

It's possibly a security level problem with IE, try changing the level or adding your server to the security zone.

Have you ever been able to use the admin ui on the server? Do youe have a firewall or SElinux enabled? SELinux should be disabled and not in warn mode.
    Regards

Bill

Both the linux firewall and selinux security are disabled on the localhost. I am able to pull up the regular mail interface on the localhost (although, I did change the web server mode to "mixed" earlier and I just noticed that the localhost doesn't start with https and redirect http as it does on the remote machines - but, I guess that would be kinda silly to do on localhost, anyway...)

I did an extremely bare-bones FC5 install just for zcs, so maybe I still need some other package? Something that allows the SSL to work on the local machine?

Pretty baffling to me since I did pretty much the exact same install on a client's machine installing RHE4 and ZCS Network Edition and had no such problem there.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    Have you ever been able to use the admin ui on the server? Do youe have a firewall or SElinux enabled? SELinux should be disabled and not in warn mode.
    oops - no, it hasn't ever worked - just started using this product two days ago

I was talking to my client today (the RHE4, ZCS NE install mentioned above) - he had installed FC5 and the open source edition a few times and had the exact same problem with the zimbraAdmin page not loading at all on the localhost... We're both pretty smart guys, but this one has us stumped...

Perhaps there is a bug here?

I'll happily provide any and all details I can if someone would like to help me out...

olohoyo Guest

Default Same problem

Hello there,

I've a Zimbra server (Debian) on a small LAN, a Windows 2000 server on the same LAN, and a couple of stations out of the LAN. I can log on the admin console using IE6 either on the LAN windows server (even if it is quite slow) or on a WinXP box outside (but it is soooo slow!). Firefox on the server, on the WinXP box, or on a Linux box outside rarely give me a loggin banner, and allways hang forever.
    There must be an issue with Firefox. I've tried some net sniffing (ethereal) without succes, except that I can see an infinite serie of ACK packets alternatively from an to the server, one every 10 seconds or so, while the communication chanel seems to be frozen.
    I keep on searching.

Olohoyo
    P.S. bonjour au vannetais !

Bonjour, bienvenue aux forums.

The usual issue with FF is the extensions you have loaded, one problem recently was with the mouse gestures extension. Do you have any installed and could you try disabling or removing them to see if that fixes it.
    Regards

Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information