Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem on Setting DNS in Unbuntu 10.04LTS

zelthian is offline Trained Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by vaiocliehk View Post
    In fact i need to using "example.com" this domain for email outgoing and incoming to internet.
    Receiving email on the Internet addressed to example.com addresses isn't realistic. It's reserved by the Internet Engineering Task Force through RFC 2606, Section 3,[1]:

Example.com - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Example.com, example.net and example.org are second-level domain names reserved by the Internet Engineering Task Force through RFC 2606, Section 3,[1] for use in documentation and examples. The domain example.edu has been similarly reserved by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) since 2000.

By implementing the reservation, the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) made available domains to use in technical and software documentation, manuals and sample software configurations. Thus, documentation writers can be sure to select a domain name without creating naming conflicts if end-users try to use the sample configurations or examples verbatim.

When an address such as username@example.com is used to demonstrate the sign-up process on a website, it indicates to the user they should fill in an actual e-mail address at which they receive mail. Example.com is used in a generic and vendor-neutral manner.

These domain names and their www subdomains resolve to IP addresses for IPv4 and IPv6 of a server managed by ICANN.
    Technically, because you are using your own DNS, you will be able to send emails with example.com addresses, but any replies will go to servers at ICANN, so you'd never receive them.

support@imiraclehk.com is offline Starter Member

Sorry, I really have a domain "mydomain.com" which hosted in some external web hosting company, I have set the mx and a record in the web hosting company.

How could i do if i want to setup the zimbra in my home.

zelthian is offline Trained Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by support@imiraclehk.com View Post
    Sorry, I really have a domain "mydomain.com" which hosted in some external web hosting company, I have set the mx and a record in the web hosting company.

How could i do if i want to setup the zimbra in my home.
    Do as Phoenix suggested and read Split DNS - Zimbra :: Wiki. It should get you what you need.

abhiz is offline Advanced Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information